Catman88's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Possible bug when adding photos?

Is there a bug in adding photos?

I notice some of mine appear to be duplicated; think this is caused by being asked on my mobile to add photos, and the photos that Google select have already been added (which of course I can't remember).

Wondering about this.

John Phillips
Newington, Sydney Olympic Park NSW, Australia
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Possible bug when adding photos?

Hi @Catman88 , 

It may happen that Google Maps (through Google Photo) ask you to upload a photo that have been already uploaded directly when taking the photo, but this is usually happening only once. I see that you have some photo that has been uploaded four times, like this one.

Please try to check if it happen again, to help Google Maps Team to better understand what is not working properly, and post a screenshot here.

Hope to have a feedback soon

Ermes

Level 8

Ermest

Not able to go out of my way to test this, sorry.

Thought I should pass on;  if Google are interested will leave it up to them.

And no idea how that photo was posted four times; probably part of what I am writing about.

John Phillips
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Catman88,

Thanks for reaching out! : ]

If an opportunity arises, do feel free indeed to check the steps provided by @ErmesT

For the moment, if the duplicates happen to be found, you may go ahead and have them deleted.

If it would happen more constantly, do feel free to let us know in the current post (currently it would also be relabeled to How-tos, since it would be more relevant to the main subject).

You may also use the tagging system, with the "@" so that the name of a person you are forwarding the message will appear, as it also allows you to receive notification to follow up posts easily.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!