what is the use of the points?

Jalal Bagh,,Sangareddy,Andhra Pradesh, Sangareddy, Telangana, India
17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: About level up n points

Hi @imranahmed Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community

Im glad the you are interested about knowing it my friend. As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Reagrds,

Jagadeesh reddy.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.

View solution in original post

Level 1

How I redeem points

Level 10

Re: Points

Redeem? @Srikanthgoud16

T

@Srikanthgoud16 wrote:

How I redeem points

here is no such provision in google Local Guide Connect programme.

Thank you.

Level 10

@Srikanthgoud16, Welcome to the Local Guides family. This is a volunteer program for anyone to share their knowledge, experience by updating information on Google Maps and more. Points are accumulated to give a small sense of achievement to encourage one to continue to contribute. Point are not redeemable and will continue to grow as one contributes. Once in a while, Google may provide small some perks to contributors who meets certain criteria. 

So, no, we can't redeem our Local Guides achievement points.

Level 1

Hi there!

I knwo this is a rather minor issue but I seem to have not been granted the majority of my Local Guides Points. I started by adding a place a year ago, though I wasn't a Local Guide yet by that time. Also adding photos and writing reviews seem not to have been updated. Is it that your prior activity before signing up for the membership is excluded from the point system?

Thanks for anyone on replying.

Cheers,

Adam

Level 8

Re: Points ..

Hi @imranahmed Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community !

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Reagrds,

Jagadeesh reddy.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 6

About level up n points

Hello everyone one can anyone explain me clear about points?  I know it's help to up my levels but is there for other use?

Level 8
Solution

Hi @imranahmed Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community

Im glad the you are interested about knowing it my friend. As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Reagrds,

Jagadeesh reddy.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Hi @imranahmed

I have merged your two posts about the same subject, both answered by @Jagadeesh_Reddy

@imranahmed If the first reply is not clear to you, you can simply reply in the same thread. There is no needs for posting again the same question

Please also note that, with a simple search, you can find that your question have been answered several times 

/searchpage/=Points

Ermes 

Level 8

Oops ! Sure I'll keep a note of it and I'll make sure I won't repeat this action @ErmesT 🙂 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.