cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photo Tips - Effect of OIL on LENS - TravellerG

Hi Dear all,

[Dedicating this post for, better photos, in our Google Maps]

A very brief post.. But this is a detailed one, if you study this well..

How can you differentiate shots with Camera Lens, smudged with OIL?

A good camera can produce excellent results - but once the Lens is dirty, the quality of photo decreases dramatically... Believe me...

See the following 3 Photos ... I am sure you can make it out.

The typical symptom is the 'rays from the bulb'.! The photos are self explanatory.... is it not? Other samples and explanations will be posted, later.

1. Almost clean (Microfiber cleaned) - but not happy.

2. Just cleaned, with wet-soft tissue

3. More smudges..

Conclusion:

Keep your camera LENS clean or CLEAN THE LENS of you MOBILE / camera before clicking the shot.. - you can use Microfiber / Lens cleaning cloth; Lens cleaning Kit too is not expensive.

Dear @LucioV @davidhyno & other seniors, can you spare few minutes to add more guidance for other LGs, please. Dear @DeniGu @VasT , you have something to add to guide our LGs better?.

Also request, @JohnPeter @NandKK @Saravanakanth @NareshDarji @TPattanaik @Shrut19 to give your experiences, please.

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

18 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Photo Tips - Effect of OIL on LENS - TravellerG

How not to agree, @TravellerG

Please check the sharing attributes of your Google photos album, and update the link. Actually we don't have the permission to see your photos.

When you embed a photo, I suggest you to check your post in anonymous mode, to verify what the community can see

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Hi @TravellerG,

Thanks for your tips! It's always recommended to clean the lances of the camera before taking photos.

Your examples are not visible at the moment, so if you would like to point them out, try to upload the photos again.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator
Solution

How not to agree, @TravellerG

Please check the sharing attributes of your Google photos album, and update the link. Actually we don't have the permission to see your photos.

When you embed a photo, I suggest you to check your post in anonymous mode, to verify what the community can see

Level 10

Hi @TravellerG I can't see the examples, but I know what are you talking of.

Some months ago I was doing a 360 photoshoot on assignment, and I forgot some dust on my fisheye... the result was a lot of flares, as I was shooting a chandelier shop!!!

Level 10

Thank you very much, dear friend, @ErmesT, for guiding me on time. Otherwise the post would have been a waste. Also, I shall surely do check it after posting, anonymously. 

The probable mistake I have done was that, I kept the Google Photo's Window in a re-sized window, which was relatively very small. 

To confirm the same, I edited the post, with a photo copied from a medium sized Google Photo's window (the photo was published in small size). The two other copied from full windows came in original size - updated for academic interest.

Once again thank you for the timely help.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thank you, dear friend @LucioV

1. the mistake was pointed out by our Ermes & corrected - the problem/ solution too may be interesting to you (Above) - Hope you will have look at tose 3 photos, when time permits.

2. Exactly, dear - In 360, the effect is more, because the camera has lesser optical area for seeing 360, spherical area!. Tanks for your involvement..

In mobiles, the LENS smudging effect is more as we handle the equipment more frequently.

Regards

Level 10

Exactly, now I have always one of these with me

P.S. @KatyaL I think you marked my reply as best answer by mistake 😉

Former Google Contributor

Hi @LucioV I actually marked Ermest's answer as best, so there is no mistake 😉 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

True dear @LucioV, I too carry, the Microfiber, Brush & Rubber Balloon, too. Great, I will show your photo in the next post, along with other items.

Thanks,

PS:

Could you, please confirm that the photos are visible now?

Level 10

Thank you for your timely help, dear @KatyaL, I hope it is visible now, When time permits, kindly comment,

Regards