Bonjourtaiwan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Maze's water city—Venezia

Hi @ErmesT,

Thanks for tagging me 🙂 Nice shot! I like the mountains on the back, too. If I had the chance I would go to Venice every day to take photos! It's such a great place.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

This picture looks amazing @ErmesT , 

Thank you for sharing it with us. I really hope that someone will find soon a solution for the high tide in Venice, as saving this city would mean a lot not only for Italy but for all those people who love beauty. I have heard that the "Mose" project was not completely successful so far, is that right?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @KatyaL 

I am trying to show a Venice that is mostly unknown, a city with people living there, instead of the big touristic showbusiness.

I will write a post soon. The touristic part is of course very important, for the city, but the backstage can reveal, also to a curious tourist, some great surprise.

Feel free to ping me, if you want to come to Venice (and sleep in Treviso, of course).

Stay tuned for the next post.

@Sorbe , Mose is a painfull, Italian style subject. I will be happy to continue this conversation with you, when (if) we will meet in my area. I will be happy to guide you, to watch the construction site.

I wanted to share this picture (I have a full set) because, even with the Venice tag, most of the people do not believe this is Venice.

After reading a lot of post in the social channels, where photo like mine are declared "fake", I wanted to try myself a shoot. Now I can say that the photos are real

I think somehow I can read your minds regarding this project @ErmesT .

I hope to meet you one day and discuss regarding this topic and many other, with a nice glass of prosecco maybe. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hey @ErmesT,

Thanks for your invitation and I would definitely contact you when I come.

That's exactly my point! Speaking about Venice and taking photos there, not only at the main touristic points, but at the backstage, is also very interesting.

For example, for me it was very interesting to see how people use their own boats to go through the canals and park them right in front of their doors and also how people bring supplies for the shops and coffee places there. Interesting thing was that there were no benches in Venice where you can sit to have a rest, just because the local people prefer you go and visit their cafe places instead. Is that true really?

There were also some small details that caught my attention like this door knob on my third photo. 

It would be great for me to see your future post 🙂

Caption: A private boat in front of a house door in Venice, Italy (@KatyaL)Caption: A private boat in front of a house door in Venice, Italy (@KatyaL)

Caption: A photo captured in Venice, Italy (Local Guide @KatyaL)Caption: A photo captured in Venice, Italy (Local Guide @KatyaL)

Caption: A photo of a door knob in Venice, Italy (@KatyaL)Caption: A photo of a door knob in Venice, Italy (@KatyaL)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @ErmesT,

I'm already impatient to read it 🙂

I also like to read books about Venice. There is so much you can learn about the history and culture of the people who live and lived there.

Your idea is very nice and I think it will be really well appreciated. I'm looking forward to it.