cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Maze's water city—Venezia

Dear Sorbe

Thanks your comments.

I would  to recommend that you must go to Venice in your lifetime.

(If you still believe romantic love)

Legend has it that as long as the bells ring at the twilight time and kiss under the bridge of sighs in Venice, their love will last forever. This is the classic movie dialogue in the 1979 " A Little Romance"(Chinese translated:Love at sunset bridge).

It was the pure love of the beautiful lettle girl and the young boy, and the original romantic imagination of Venice.

In addition, Venice also is the hometown of my hero Marco Polo.

Former Google Contributor

We got one thing in common @Bonjourtaiwan

I admire Marco Polo too, and I recently watched a really interesting series about him. Venice is also the hometown of another great model for all gentlemen: Mr. Giacomo Casanova. 

Thank you for this fact about the bridge of sighs. I really like these kind of things. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Excellent @Bonjourtaiwan!

Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to that! 

By the way, don't forget to tag Local Guides in your posts by writing @ before the name. This way we receive a notification, thanks. 😊

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hey @vvbellur

This definitely caught my attention. I have spotted the sighs bridge, but I am wondering about the name of the church in the first picture of you collage. When have you been to Venice?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@Sorbe, this is Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo. I was on a long 2-month solo trip across Europe b/w late July and September last year. I also met the awesome @ErmesT for the first time here! See pic here! 🙂 Some of the best memories of my life!

Level 10

回應: Maze's water city—Venezia

Gondola is the symbolization of the city:((

Local Guides from Taiwan.

My LGs profile➤https://www.google.com.tw/maps/contrib/101643820823137654634/◀

Hey @vvbellur

This is absolutely great. In which other cities have you been during your trip?

@ErmesT I bet you played the role of "Cicerone" in Venice. Which spots of the city did you show her?

Level 10

Nice photography pictures @Bonjourtaiwan thanks for sharing wonderful post. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Sorbe

As @vvbellur was visiting Canareggio, the most touristic part of the city and the shortest and most crowded way to reach San Marco square, I decided to show something completely different. We had dinner in Osteria Bakan, in a small "campiello".

Vandana don't eat meat, but we had no problem in finding excellent food from the Italian culinary tradition: we started with Burrata with watermelon and reduction of balsamic vinagar, (photo by Vandana) then we shared Bigoi in salsa di basilico and Parmigiana di melanzane (here in Vandana view and my view), to end with biscotti and vinsanto.

Funny things: at the end of the dinner I had five minutes HO with Google, so I was able to show a short view live from Venice to them.

I love that part of Venice, where you can find "normal people" living a "normal life"