SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Guides and motivation talk to teenagers

A two months ago I went in my mom's classes to talk about Local Guides, Google Maps, about help others and talking about future. 

She is a public school arts teacher and her students are between 15 and 18 years old and they are studing on first year of high school (here in Brazil is only three years of High School). 

I was there to speak about how I became a Local Guide, what I learn with that and how this program contribute to world and to myself. I also said about all friends that I made with this program and how we still talking and organizing meetups and other events around the world. 

I learned english by my own and I'm 10 years older then them. So I also did this talk to motivate them to do things, to try new things and when we wish something we need to work and organize things to move our ideias and tranform it and something real. Was very special ❤️ Was to show them that everything is possible.

Ah! Some of them are a Local Guide already! =D 

This school is a reference in my city and is one of the bests public schools. Here in Brazil public education is not so good. Because of that this one 'Estadual Central' (actually this is the nick name, haha, the real one is: Escola Estadual Governador... is so important. It's also important because the architect Oscar Niemeyer designed it. he is influential in the whole world when the theme is architecture. He was Brazilian and he designed Brasilia, our national capital.

(One of the classes didn't take photo with me because battery was ended and was lunch time after the class, so they run to eat haha).

Class 01Class 01

Class 2Class 2

Class 3Class 3

Class 4Class 4

I'm speaking about Local Guides program and LG Summit 2017.I'm speaking about Local Guides program and LG Summit 2017.

olhando me.jpg

turma.jpg

Inside the schoolInside the school

Wall on the schoolWall on the school

Inside the school - ramp to the classroomsInside the school - ramp to the classrooms

School building 1School building 1

38 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides and motivation talk to teenagers

@SarahKa, this is really nice. As here are so many positive activities, we need to do some advertisment for the LG Community. 

It will be like a driving license for the children! They will wait to be 18 to be able to join the program.

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW @SarahKa. This is really beautiful, it's wonderful what you are doing, keep it up please. 

Level 9

Thanks a lot @Anonymous  🙂 

@TorM I used the program to show how is possible do things and help people around the world. I also talk about LG to show how many possibilities are to expand their minds and wishes. 😃 

Connect Moderator

I simply love this post, @SarahKa

School is so important, for the education of the new generation.

Please note that I have moved your post on General Discussion board

Ermes

Level 9

Thanks a lot @ErmesT , for both things 🙂

Level 10

Hi @SarahKa

Yes agreed that the schools are the main source of information and learning,if we share our thoughts about local guides in schools,I am sure next generation will join us first hand,

Thanks for sharing,I will try too

Level 10

Hi @SarahKa

It is super to see all these wonderful students interested in learning about ways to help themselves by contributing as a Google Maps Local Guides Connect member to  their communities and businesses in their local area.

Thank you so much for sharing with us how you were able to give them this chance to hear from you as both a high level Local Guides Connect community member and a Google Maps Local Guides 2017 summit attendee. Your kindness and wisdom in ways to be a part of a community and take part in actions to be helpful and assist in many areas. 

It is not only inspiring for these young students but also to all Local Guides Connect members who see you have achieved all you have by continued excellence in contributions to the Google Maps  Local Guides Connect community, plus with Google Maps in consistent updating information and updating pictures too. All you do to help everyone by sharing your experiences and knowledge as well, and making this community as great as it is to be a part of by seeing your posts of fantastic Local Guides Community actions you take part in. 

It all makes such a huge difference in allowing these students a chance to be a part of their Local Community now and in the future as Google Maps Local Guides Connect members. You are a wonderful inspiration to them as well as to other Local Guides, in motivating us with sharing this fabulous contribution to your Local Community. 

Because of all your knowledge and ability to share the true meaning of being a Google Maps Local Guides Connect member in sharing positive helpful information and arranging meetups to actively participate in enjoying business and tourist attractions in our Local areas, and letting others know about it, you aspire to inspire to all involved, we thank you for this.  

Then also in talking to them of all the friendships, mutual connections and relationships with people in your Local Area as well as from all around the world, showing the real benefits in what we do, is what makes what we do so interesting and exciting, thanks you so very much for being you, and all you do. 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

It is so much fun and rewarding being a Google Maps Local Guide!It is so much fun and rewarding being a Google Maps Local Guide!

Total Aces for awesome contribution!Total Aces for awesome contribution!

Absolutely awesome! Thank you for being completely excellent! Shine on!Absolutely awesome! Thank you for being completely excellent! Shine on!

Check it out @AlejandraMaria , @NatalkaR , @SovitaD , @KarenVChin , @SalmaanN , @Surendra , @IlankovanT , @Badruddeen

Level 8

Hi @SarahKa

Nice effort and its much appreciated.

Thanks

Level 9

That's too motivating and inspiring @SarahKa, your efforts will produce Tens of Local Guides and those will be helping hands to Thousands of people.

Great Job, Kudos to you.