SarahKa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Local Guides and motivation talk to teenagers

@SarahKa  Nice initiative and this seems to be one of the effective way of spreading the information 👏
@Justine2807 Thanks for the tag. Keep on Shining 🌞 

Level 9

@SarahKa I love what you are doing 🙂 

Level 10

What you're doing is highly commendable @SarahKa. Keep it up please.

@SarahKa wrote:

A two months ago I went in my mom's classes to talk about Local Guides, Google Maps, about help others and talking about future. 

She is a public school arts teacher and her students are between 15 and 18 years old and they are studing on first year of high school (here in Brazil is only three years of High School). 

I was there to speak about how I became a Local Guide, what I learn with that and how this program contribute to world and to myself. I also said about all friends that I made with this program and how we still talking and organizing meetups and other events around the world. 

I learned english by my own and I'm 10 years older then them. So I also did this talk to motivate them to do things, to try new things and when we wish something we need to work and organize things to move our ideias and tranform it and something real. Was very special ❤️ Was to show them that everything is possible.

Ah! Some of them are a Local Guide already! =D 

This school is a reference in my city and is one of the bests public schools. Here in Brazil public education is not so good. Because of that this one 'Estadual Central' (actually this is the nick name, haha, the real one is: Escola Estadual Governador... is so important. It's also important because the architect Oscar Niemeyer designed it. he is influential in the whole world when the theme is architecture. He was Brazilian and he designed Brasilia, our national capital.

(One of the classes didn't take photo with me because battery was ended and was lunch time after the class, so they run to eat haha).

Class 01Class 01

Class 2Class 2

Class 3Class 3

Class 4Class 4

I'm speaking about Local Guides program and LG Summit 2017.I'm speaking about Local Guides program and LG Summit 2017.

olhando me.jpg

turma.jpg

Inside the schoolInside the school

Wall on the schoolWall on the school

Inside the school - ramp to the classroomsInside the school - ramp to the classrooms

School building 1School building 1

Level 9

Hello @SarahKa U done nice motivation talk to Teenagers ,keep doing this type of Motivation camps...Thank you for sharing with us...

Level 9

Wuauu @SarahKa!

You have done great :)))

The arquitecture of the escola is fantastic.

What I like most is that you were giving this  motivation talk sitting outside :))
Congratulations for this fantastic post,

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Connect Moderator

Bringing Local Guides to the next generation. Giving them an idea the world is bigger than then and needs their help. Cool @SarahKa

Connect Moderator

Wow... this is simply marvellous...

You have done great job. . Keep it up @SarahKa...

Kind regards 

Sagir 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

Congratulations @SarahKa on spreading the word about Local Guides program with next generations! This is great, you are an inspiration 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

Awesome @AkmalB !! If you really do, post here after, please 🙂 

Thanks a lot @Justine2807 !! I really love to these things ❤️ 

Level 9