cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

#LGCTM Logo Challenge - The Finalists

Virtual Meetup_ Lovely Lists post (2).png

+++ VOTING HAS ENDED: 15/02/2020 - 23:59 CET +++

[UPDATE 16/02/2020: We now know which design received the most votes. The next step in coming up with the final design will be announced soon]

All logos submitted in the #LGCTM Logo Challenge were presented to a select group of local guides and graphics enthusiasts, and this resulted in 6 finalists. These are now presented to the Local Guides community in this 'Finalists' post, and every local guide can vote (by clicking the Like button) for one or more of them to indicate (s)he prefers this/these. Theoretically you can of course vote for all 6, but that is not really helpful for the process, so please use your voting power carefully and  thoughtfully.

All 6 of them (listed in the comments below, in order of submission) have strenghts and weaknesses, and therefore I want to state clearly in advance: there is a good chance that the final choice will be a logo 'based on' one of the 6, perhaps with added/removed elements (possibly inspired by some of the other designs, possible also from non-finalists). Please keep this in mind and cast your vote for the one(s) that you feel to have the highest potential, even if they are not perfect in the current form.

And also: although I am a big fan of democracy, I will not guarantee that the design with the highest number of votes will automaticlly be the winner. The reason is quite easy: my goal is to find the best design, not the one made by the person who happens to be best at promoting his/her design in their circle of friends [I'm not suggesting anything abusive of this nature will happen and neither am I targeting anyone specific, I would simply like the vote to reflect the reality - and keep the final, decisive vote for myself 😊].

Thank you once again also to all the lovely local guides who submitted logos, but did not make it to the final round. I sincerly appreciate the effort you made, and I hope you will take part in the voting. 

So, dear fellow local guides, what you need to do now is to have a look at the 6 finalists below and click the like button on one or a few that you like most. Feel free to add comments, of course, and if you know other local guides or if you are member of a local guides community on social media: please do share a link to this post and encourage other local guides to vote for their favorite(s) [and as suggested before: encourage others to vote for their favorite, not for your favorite].

For those who still have no idea what #LGCTM stands for: it is a campaign called Local Guides Clean The Map - you can read all about it here. The complete list of desgins that have been submitted can be found here.

The deadline for voting was 15/02/202 23:59 CET.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
46 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: #LGCTM Logo Challenge - The Finalists

Finalist #1 @ElsDessin 

ggctm.png

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Finalist #2 @SebaasC 

Sebaas.png

Additional information provided by @SebaasC 

The idea of it is very simple: Just the community of Local Guides of every part of the world  holding hands together around an earth globe (with an arrow surrounding it),  representing the LG  puting hands to work on the "Clean The Map Project". 

The title LOCAL GUIDES above and CLEAN THE MAP below as the principal title. Them the PROJECT word identifying that is a project from Local Guides and the hashtag of it #LGCTM.

The summary is that working all together each  of us from their  experience we can reach the project goals and make a real cleaning of Google Maps.

Connect Moderator

Finalist #3 @Amiran 

LGCTM Amiran.png

LGCTM BW.jpg

LGCTM.gif

Connect Moderator

Finalist #4 @arnedery 

arnedery.jpg

Connect Moderator

Finalist #5 @AdrianLunsong 

Adrian2.png

Elements 2.jpg

Additional information provided by @AdrianLunsong 

The logo's concept is that the #LGCTM project, to my understanding (and I'm most likely wrong as I don't spend much time with map edits!), can be broken down to four main actions. And these are:

• Search - Finding missing/incorrect information, duplicates, errors etc
  • Edit - Editing those incorrect information whether it's making changes, adding new information or removing incorrect ones
  • Verify - Verifying existing information that are already on Maps ie. making sure that they are correct and up to date
  • Flag - Where editing is not possible, the last resort is to flag it up and report the issue with Google

So the logo incorporates all those actions and the idea is that you can also break up that logo and use them separately e.g. when you're writing a post specifically related to the "search" action.

Connect Moderator

Finalist #6 @AnuradhaP 

AnuradhaP.png

Additional information, provided by @AnuradhaP 

The map pin represents the map location and the color represents the local guides program. The blue globe in the middle represents the world map. The sweep represents the cleaning process of the map locations. The stars have two meanings. One is it represents the local guides around the world as used by Google Local Guides earlier to represent local guides. It also shows the local guides keep the map sparkling cleaned. 

The shield represents the local guides are protecting the Map from spammers and the right inside the shield shows we are also correcting it while protecting the map. Let us see what others think about it.

Connect Moderator

@NareshDarji @EugeGallardo @myparmaksiz @MrBest @davidhyno @Laofdez @Anonymous @Anonymous I'm terribly sorry to have to inform you that your design did not make it to the final selection round of the #LGCTM Logo Challenge. I will be eternally grateful for the efforts you made and I hope you will help us vote for 1 of the 6 finalists. 

Level 10

Hi @JanVanHaver !

For me it was a pleasure in participating in the logo contest! I lost first prize (one million dollars kudos) but it was really fun! I give my preference for the winner, and congratulations to all the partecipants!! 

Have a great day (and winner) ,

David

Connect Moderator

@JanVanHaver Thank you for sharing with us!

@davidhyno  Your drawings are amazing! I admire you talent, my friend!