BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Message"You haven't written any reviews yet!

I have the same problem. They do not show on first part but DOW show on the 2nd part. What happened? Do not know whom to contact and how to get this resolved? 0AB7273E-514B-43E1-A218-2A018A9BF39D.png

B0F3D9FA-1532-463A-93C4-5333A75B0548.png

Level 10

Re: Known Issue: Missing Reviews

@BruceDM

Looks like the problem of missing reviews is fixed.

Thanks

tedmall
Level 7

All of my reviews are missing...does that missing also?

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello all,

I wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issue where your Google Maps reviews have disappeared. This may be happening on your mobile device and/or on Desktop. This is a high priority item that the engineering team is working on at this time.  Rest assured that your content has not been deleted and when the bug is repaired, you should see your reviews return to their normal state.

Please keep an eye on this thread for additional updates.

Level 7

Re: All my review are missing

Thank you @Shirley we hope things will become ok.

Level 7

Hi Benecya,

My reviews were missing, too. Each one is back now.

Connect Moderator

Level 8

Re: 2 May 2018 Known Issue: Missing Reviews

@Shirley wrote:

Hi @BakulMehta:

This is a known issue and the team is already working on it.

I'll be merging this post with the existing one to keep the discussion together.

Hi @Shirley

Thank you so much for letting us know.

How great is Connect, that we can find out all is well, in just a moment!!!!

Shirley, can you please post the link to the newly created thread, so we can just go there, or let us know what it is called.

In researching the problem, it has happened in the past, and was quickly resolved, thanks Google.

Its easy to forget what a massive, huge job Google have to do, to keep it all live world wide, different countries and their legal requirements, different ISP's, different browsers, different devices and the list goes on....

So let me take this opportunity to thank Google for this wonderful resource they provide for free to all users, not just the LG platform, Connect etc, but also the reviews, GMB, Google Maps, the list goes on and on... When you consider how many variables Google have world wide, they do an amazing job having so little downtime.

Would it be worth considering, as things like this have such a big impact, I was wondering if it was possible to send a message to LG's, something along the lines of

'Notice, there may be problems with your review display. Don't worry, your reviews have not disappeared, they are still there, they are just not displaying at the moment' (or words to that effect).

That would mean that many LG's would save a lot of time worrying, posting etc.

The message would need to start with a different word, to make sure that we saw it was important, ie NOTICE or IMPORTANT UPDATE. Something noticeable, to make sure it was read promptly, or remembered, when a glitch is noticed.

Or, have a specific board or place for times when this happens, so we can go straight there. Like some Telcos and electricity providers have on their website if they have down time, to save them from getting hundreds of calls.

Then Google could just do one post when it started, may be an expected time to resolve it (if possible), and then a quick message when it was resolved. This would take Google or a Google moderator just a few moments, and save a lot of LG's time.

Please bear in mind, it is your hardest working LG's that will be most distressed by things like this.

Having said allllll of the above, we could all just remember, that Google will fix things as soon as possible. However, if someone is new to this (and impressionable), they will not know this and therefor not have experienced the assurance and confidence we experienced LG's have.

What do you think?

Sonia

PS, thanks Google for fixing the 'reply' button.

Connect Moderator
Level 7

To whom all it concerns, 

we are back in action. The issue showed be fixed and everything should be back in running condition!

Level 7

Re: 2 May 2018 Known Issue: Missing Reviews

Thank you @ErmesT, I am good