Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Vandalism on the maps

Vandals on Google maps remove the record of the existence of the school. Where can I write a complaint?

Level 10

Re: Vandalism on the maps

Hello @burov 

Thanks for your attention to keep map safe. If you're sure there is a huge spamming in one area then this is the right place to describe the issue. I tag Google moderator @AriMar to check your note.

But also please provide more details about the area, number of points removed, categories in which you saw spams.

If it is only about some limited POIs then you can do it yourself and put them again on the map.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Connect Moderator

Hi @burov 

Thanks for reaching us.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps

@Amiran , for everyone's privacy, please do not ask to share details in Connect. When contacted, the details will be shared privately.

In the meantime, please note that there is a Known Issue: Map editing in Russia, Ukraine and CIS countries.

Google is aware of this

Level 5

Re: Known Issue: Map editing in Russia, Ukraine and CIS countries

@Henadzi_L Да, спасибо, с этим названием действительно все в порядке: https://goo.gl/maps/hNdJu93NwAk

Level 10

@AVium много объектов исправляют, это постоянная работа. Из тех ссылок, что я указал здесь, часть уже исправили. К сожалению, не все.

Level 10

Hello @ErmesT , I didn't ask for details about any users. But asking about area of one request or details about categories is not something broke the privacy, Every time it suggested to set location for posts on Connect (if applicable). Even as you mentioned, I asked for details to be sure this is also part of that know issue or not.

Level 10

Time to time we see some spammers on the map that can destroy a vast area. System should be smarter and detect such spams automatically. For example can prevent from more edit by user after adding same phrase to 10 place in short time.

But still there are good users who make Google aware of such spams. I'm happy that Google made it as known issue. Last months we had also huge spams on whole map of Iran it takes too long to prevented by Google but fortunately it stopped.

I think Google should program some robots those be able automatically revert all edits (or edits in one period) of one user.

This recent spam on northern countries caused rejecting Bank and ATM edits in vast area of the world. But there are many such places that needs correction by good users. Any one knows how much this locking will takes?

Level 7