cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2018

@TraciC wrote:

Hello, hello everyone!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like February's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

I'll start...

1. Name: Traci
  2. Location: New York City (Brooklyn, to be exact)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Sharing my explorations with the world, to help them to make better decisions and honestly, because I love learning from all of you both in Google Maps and here in Connect about the world I have yet to see!
  4. My favorite thing to explore: When I look back at my past year of travels, I have to say that the key themes are National Parks (so the great outdoors) as well as places where I can have a really beautiful view of the area I’m visiting.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I’ve been writing reviews on Google Maps since 2011 and my photo with the most views is from Google Toronto, contributed in 2016.

Caption: Selfie of me in Lake Mead National Recreation AreaCaption: Selfie of me in Lake Mead National Recreation Area

Your turn!

Oh and I’ll add that if you’re new to Connect, please check out these tips for getting around. 🙂  

Hi There! 

1. My name is Colette Pretorius. 2. I am from Potchefstroom in South Africa. 3. What I love is the feeling that I can actually help others and make a difference. 4. My fun fact about me is that I absolutely love art and that I write poetry at times 

Level 7

Hi, 

Shreya, welcome to Local Google guides connect. I also love exploring new places whenever get time. Please stay in touch because, my next destination is Pune and Mumbai. I love places with beaches and mild weather. So I may need guidance from a guide like you. 

Level 8

Introduce Yourself - March 2018

1. To introduce, I am NAJAM QURESHI from Pakistan.

2. I have done my B. Sc. Engg and working as General Manager in a hydro-electric setup.

3. By profession and passion too, I am interested in visiting different locations and cross-country territories. I feel pride in posting new locations and review these with photographs on map.

4. This is my loving trend and feel communicating with people around the globe.

Regards.

Najam Qureshi

Local Guide

Level 2

Hello traciC madam I'm SHARAD KUMAR I am indanI your very nice person please send me your gmail I'd I personal questions I well wait

Level 6

1. Name: Farhan
  2. Location: Lahore, Pakistan (Ali Town, to be exact)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Helping out the people who travel alot and giving them a proper feedback about my city. Sharing all my experiences to others who might be starting to explore.  
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I like to explore ancient civilizations and places with some history. I also like those places where i can find the best scenery. 
  5. Fun Fact about me: There is not much i can tell you but I love photography.
Connect Moderator

Hi @Najamqureshi A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

I am merging your post in the main thread

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know now to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 3

1. Name: Vanessa
  2. Location: Montreal, QC
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Giving my honest opinions on the places I visit to help follow guides and tourists.
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Malls, restaurants and parks.
  5. Fun Fact about me: Je parle francais aussi 😜
Level 6

Yo guys,

My name is Muhammad Wafi A. I am a college student. I am from Kerala, India.😉

All the best

Level 7

@kathleenwilliams hey please share more about yourself... Like what you like about local guides and what us one fun fact about you.. 

Level 8

• Name: Nick
    • What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a LG is great for providing people with information that they may not normally have access to.  It also provides an opportunity to add interesting sights and activities to explore.  If you are going to Fiji, don't forget to check out Suva Local Guides created while I lived there fo...
    • My favorite thing to explore: I really get a kick out of visiting places that have a great 360 degree presence and are best captured with panorama photography.  Google Street View has made it possible to share this kind of experience and give you the real feel for a place.  I am always on the lookout for the best immersive experience, like wading in the Patapsco River in Maryland below.