GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - February 2018

Hi everyone!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like January's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

I'll start...

1. Name: Gus
  2. Location: New York City (but originally from Brazil)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to see the impact that all my contributions can make to everyone who uses Google Maps. Every once in while my friends tell me that they went to a somewhere because they read my review on Google Maps.  It's a really good feeling!
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I absolutely love travelling and my favorite thing is to learn what the locals do. No tourist traps!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I've lived in 4 different countries and have visited over 35. 😃

Me on my recent visit to Hong KongMe on my recent visit to Hong Kong

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
761 comments
Level 3

Ask me about north India

I am a local guide from Aligarh U.P.

You can ask me About Road traveling.

Level 1

xin chào

xin chào

Level 2
Level 2

DiInterview Jawa Pos

Eamin.jpg

Level 2

I m new

Nice Place

Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2018

Thank you so much for the new thread @GusMoreira.

Hello/नमस्कार/¡Hola! Fellow guides, I would like to thank all local guides for being here, contributing to the map and thus revealing the world day by day. Again I am thankful to all guides for their love, support & encouragement. IMG_2098.JPG

1. Name: Bishowvijaya Pandey
  2. Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
  3. What do I love being a Local Guide: Every year approx. 800 thousand foreigners visit my nation. Looking around a map I can see that the most tourist destinations are already been there in the map. But there are more such areas of public concern like hospitals, schools, emergency services, security offices and a lot more which are, I think, mandatory in map & are still few in number. Being a local guide I love to add them in the map. Also there are a lot of places over the country which are yet to be explored in the map. Since there is unmanaged urbanization so places are difficult to be found. So my sole intension is to ease the commune life and explore the nation over the world. I am in accordance with the motto of LG Connect: 'Spread the love and get some back'. Also the occurrence of devastating earthquake in 2015 made me feel the necessity and importance of map a lot. Since a lot of guides are exploring the places so why not me. Contributing to the map is also being sociable more than before. I always love to be sociable. Also this LG program is helping us to find people around us with same motto.
  1. I love to share: Photos, reviews and additional information of the places in a map,  My opinions over the posts, experiences, achievements, posts helpful to new LGs, stories about the places and many more in LG forum.
  2. How did I hear about Local Guides: Actually I am unsure how I entered here but I am sure that I am not here by any referral. Since 3 years ago I tried to add places in mapmaker but my contributions were denied. Then I left mapmaker. Later I thought to add birthplace to the map. At that time I found the new platform; Google map. It fascinated me a lot.
  3. Fun Fact About Me: I love to visit new places not even in group only but also alone too. I love to observe different realms of nature very closely. My subject of interest are Physics and literature. To be bearded sometimes is also my hobby. I have more or less knowledge of five different languages. Researching in mysterious events or places falls under my interest.

IMG_1801.JPG

Level 8

@GusMoreira 

1. Name: Surendra Shrestha 
  2. Location:27x33.gif Lalitpur, Nepal 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to be local guide so that a little contribution of mine can make big difference in others life.
  4. My favorite thing to explore:i love to travel so much than i travel alone a lot 😀
  5. Fun Fact about me: love to eat and travel 
  6.  23658419_10213631409914736_3529019864892098217_n.jpg

Level 7

I AM A LEVEL 6 LOCAL GUIDE

I wanna like to koi google because I like photography and guiding. 

Level 10

Hi @GusMoreira thank you for new thread warm welcome to local guides connect month of february 2018.