brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Introducing myself

Hi @Acdawson34

Welcome to Google Local Guides Connect community. You have posted your introduction in wrong place.

Introduce yourself with your picture to the community Here

Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

fullsizeoutput_3eb.jpeg

Hello/नमस्कार! Fellow guides, I am very glad to be a part of such a wonderful community who contributes on the map and making it better always, unfolding the new locations in the world. I am thankful for all the persons on the community for their love, work and dedication. 

So let's start my introduction. 

1 Name: Gautam Jain

2 Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India

3 What do I love being a Local Guide: Geography always fascinates me. My journey started with Google Maps learning the maps, surfing from one continent to another, gazing at the Eiffel Tower, watch the street view of NYC and drifting across the Indian subcontinent. Google Earth also played the same work for me. Later on, drifting across the maps I learned about navigation and its daily life applications. Then I found, that we can contribute, and help Google and others. 

Being a Local Guide, I love working on maps. The process of adding places, sharing the photographs or videos, putting my reviews and ratings, and answering the queries of the people. 

4 I love to share: Pictures, videos, reviews, ratings, opinions and guiding other local guides. 

5 How did I hear about Local Guides: Sudden finding by myself drifting across the Google Maps. 

6 Fun Fact About Me: I love to travel, capture photographs, making videos and sharing them. Learning about different places and geography are my favourites.

Read more about me.

Level 8

Re: Presentación abril 2018

Hi @Arkangel_7

Welcome to Google Local Guides Connect community. As a new member Introduce yourself with your picture to the community Here

Level 6

eff5f2886584048c74ae5d3fe5691211.jpg

Name: Bruno Augusto

LocationSão Paulo, Brazil 

What I love about being a Local Guide: The fact that I help people know what they will find, wherever they go, according with the experience i'd there.

My favorite cuisine to explore: I love Brazilian Food. The ones who's served in Churrascarias (Kind of Steak Houses in Brazil).

Fun Fact about me: I'm a easy making friends person.

17326ee7bcfb4f7bfba6f0f2a315716d.jpg

Level 6

Introduce yourself

Name: Kamel 

Why I love to be Local guide : I love to share my experience with people. I love to help people to find out what they are looking for IMG_20180414_125147.jpg

IMG_20180414_125127.jpg

20170704_184945.jpg

20170703_191039.jpg

20170701_173717.jpg

IMG_20170107_130225.jpg

20170612_221116.jpg

IMG_20170228_073452.jpg

IMG_20170107_152046.jpg

IMG_20170107_142755.jpg

IMG_20170107_142758.jpg

IMG_20170226_155532.jpg

20170703_191051.jpg

IMG_20170107_223501.jpg

IMG_20170211_180840.jpg

20170628_172202.jpg

20170612_134133.jpg

IMG_20170226_154111.jpg

IMG_20170108_124045.jpg

IMG_20170107_123913.jpg

IMG_20170106_135535.jpg

IMG_20170107_152554.jpg

IMG_20170108_115305.jpg

IMG_20170107_152602.jpg

My experience : since 1999 i am working in the field of F&B. I started at MacDonald's as MT. Worked in Cinnabon, Starbucks, second cup and now at Joffrey's  as operations manager. 

My job in Joffrey's give me a chance to visit many countries in Asia, Europe. When I traveled to many continues google maps was very helpful for me so I decided to be a local guide and help people 

Connect Moderator

Re: Fuvad - Smile of Kerala

Awesome Connect Live application post @FuvadShah

I wish you much luck in your application.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 7

Hello dear friends! 

20160528_151901.jpg

1. Name: Olga
  2. Location: Rivne, Ukraine
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to visit different places, took an interesting photos and share my experiences with others, where to go and what to try.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Cooking is my passion, so I like to create different dishes and share new recipes with my friends. Italian and french cuisine are my favorites
  5. Fun Fact about me: I have 3 different specialities ( doctor's asistant, psychologist and manager). I like to learn new things and share experience with my friends and coleagues. One of the photos, that was made by me and placed on Google Maps, got almost 8 000 views. And I'm really happy that I have the opportunity to do pleasant things with Googls Apps that can be beneficial to other people.

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce myself

Hi @leoyia

A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

I am moving your post on the relevant thread

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know now to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 8

Greetings Everyone, it's an amazing feeling to be part of this society and take this opportunity to share a few things about myself 🙂

At the top of Lions Head, CapetownAt the top of Lions Head, Capetown

1. Name: Faraz J

2. Location: Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love sharing information and empowering people, especially when that information will one day get shared to other people and grow capacity. Being a Local guide gives me a sense of belonging and give me the opportunity to contribute to not only local societies but everyone in the world.

4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I am a street food crazy! Anywhere i go, i try to learn about the local cuisine and try new flavors that will tingle my taste buds. The local Food here in Tanzania is "Misikaki" and "Sekela". Misikaki are beef skewers and Sekela is something similar to chicken tikka.

5. Fun Fact about me: I am a self taught tech person with no formal schooling in IT from the local school i used to study in Morogoro but being a curious thinker i have always dared myself to expand my learning capacity and i love the outdoors. I am part of a regular cycling group in DSM and i always take every opportunity i get to go out, walk around, explore my surroundings and observe what people are up-to.

The few times i am formal and cleaned up.The few times i am formal and cleaned up.Trying to stay calm before jumping off  Bloukrans Bridge, Tsitsikamma.Trying to stay calm before jumping off Bloukrans Bridge, Tsitsikamma.

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi @kamelelmangalify

A Warm Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

I am moving your post on the relevant thread

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know now to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes