NareshDarji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

International Day of Forests

21st March - International Day of Forests.

The International Day of Forests was established on the 21st day of March, by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on November 28, 2012. Each year, various events celebrate and raise awareness of the importance of all types of forests, and trees outside forests, for the benefit of current and future generations (wikipedia)

This global celebration of forests provides a platform to raise awareness of the importance of all types of woodlands and trees, and celebrate the ways in which they sustain and protect us.

Polo forestPolo forestPhotos : Naresh DarjiPhotos : Naresh Darji

"If a tree is saved even at cost of one’s head, it’s worth it" said the noted activist Amrita Devi Bishnoi. This is the reason why India has so many festivals related to trees. One of them is the Van Mahotsav Day or the Forest Day. It was started as a crusade with the lofty purpose of saving the mother earth. (Source)

We are over the 552598 Local Guides from around the world. We make impact on this beautiful world.

Let us join hands and save our earth by doing this small contribution.

#LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld

#LocalGuidesGreenTheWorld

Let me promise every local guides can plant one tree in his/her life for making our planet green and clean.

#Cleantheworld_F3.jpg

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

India
49 comments
Level 8

Re: International Day of Forests

Hello @NareshDarji

Happy International Forest Day, let's keep the forest safe and green. The logo designed by you is awesome Bro.

Namaste, Niraj

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much dear @NirajBhusal

@NirajBhusal wrote:

Hello @NareshDarji

Happy International Forest Day, let's keep the forest safe and green. The logo designed by you is awesome Bro.

Namaste, Niraj

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 9

Thank you for reminding us @NareshDarji  and give us extra information about trees and India .

Good Night from the South of Spain.

Alejandra.

Connect Moderator

We are 552598 Local Guides from around the world, if we plant one tree once in year during our meetups. 

What are you thinking about ?

@ @OSAMA @BishowvijayaP @DavidTito @NarenChandra @ErmesT @HelloSamsonR @SalmaanN @Sagir @3-60

Level 10

I am thinking about greenery @NareshDarji. 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing this post to remind and raise awareness amongst community members, @NareshDarji.

However, it looks like parts of the post were taken from this site and this site. While we understand that it may be difficult to share original content all the time, we require Local Guides to give credit to the original source(s) if the content is taken elsewhere. Hope this clarifies.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @JeslynL

I've edited my post and added source information. 

Level 8

Hello @AlejandraMaria

Your new profile pic is cool. You are looking great.

Connect Moderator

This is indeed a great initiative @NareshDarji

I know that @IlankovanT is already running something similar, so I believe you can coordinate this kind of work

Best wishes

Ermes