potaro67's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

I shot 01:08:22 video at once by walk 5.7km to make Street View with 4K(Low bit rate).

4K動画のLow bit rateモードで、1時間8分歩いて5.7kmの道のりのストリートビューを一気に撮影しました。

THETA V and smartphone are charged with mobile battery while shooting.
THETA V とスマホはモバイルバッテリーで充電し続けています。

After I pressed the video shooting start button on SV App on my smartphone, I kept shooting all the time until THETA V became memory full at 17 GB and shooting stopped.
SV App can not use all of THETA V memory (19GB). Shooting stops when the remaining capacity falls below about 2GB.

スマホでSV Appのビデオ撮影開始ボタンを押してから、17GBでTHETA Vがメモリフルになって撮影が停止するまでずっと撮影し続けました。
SV App はTHETA V の全メモリを使えません。残容量が2GB程度を下回ると撮影を停止してしまいます。

Movie files are divided every 3 minutes.
However, at "Low bit rate mode", the break time is about 2 seconds.
About 4 seconds at high bit rate and about 5 seconds at 5.4K.

動画ファイルは3分毎に分割されます。
しかし Low bit rate では切れ目の無撮影時間が2秒程度です。
High bit rate では4秒くらい、5.4Kでは5秒くらいです。

-  -  

For details of shooting technique, please see the following posts.
技術面の詳細は、以下の投稿を御覧ください。

Using Bit rate Low mode of THETA V , we can shoot long time / long distance.

以下の方々にもお知らせしたく思います。

@Anonymous, @Michaelusami@Izumi@ken_jp@YasuhikoN@HiroyukiTakisawa , @YasumiKikuchi@LucioV@Ivi_Ge@norikoo

21 comments
Level 8

Re: I shot 01:08:22 video at once by walk 5.7km to make Street View with 4K(Low bit rate).

1時間8分!  取り敢えず、ギネス記録ですかね?w

Level 10

Re: I shot 01:08:22 video at once by walk 5.7km to make Street View with 4K(Low bit rate).

@Michaelusamiさん、

・SV Appが、THETA Vに残っているあと2GBも撮影に使用してくれれば、

・マイクゲインオフでファイルサイズが小さくなれば、

・撮影中にスマホにインポートできる機能があれば、

上記のようなことが出来たらもっと伸びますが、

現在は1時間8分でTHETA Vのメモリいっぱいですー

あ、THETA アプリで撮影した動画がストリートビュー作成に使用できるように戻ってきたら、

あと2GB分(約10分)伸ばせることになります。

Level 10

@potaro67 Thanks for sharing all your wonderful tips about Theta V Street View video mode.

I am going to move all these posts to Street View Discussion because this feature is only accessible by Street View Trusted Photographers as well as LG Level 6 and above only.

For future post on Theta V SV video mode, do also post to Street View Discussions. Since most people there will be interested in these posts. So better and more relevant audience there.

Thanks and keep up the great work, it's very useful for rest of us!

Connect Moderator

@potaro67さん

凄まじいですね。それだけの時間が撮影できればほぼどんなところでもカバーできてしまいそうです。むしろ撮影中正常に動作しているのか不安になりそうです。とは言えTHETA Vの可能性を見た気がします。

Level 10

Dear @StephenAbraham

I thank you for dealing with my post appropriately.

However, there is a little concern.
For LG 5 or lower, do these articles no longer be visible?
I posted to How-to instead of Street-View-Discussion Board,
It was not because I wanted to discuss only the technical aspect but also because I want people who just started taking street view (mostly LG 5 or less) to know the possibility of street view.

Can I post almost identical articles to both How-to Board and Street-View-Discussion Board?
If it's OK, I'd like to post catchy contents to How-to Board and post it with technical content to Street-View-Discussion Board.

Best regards,

potaro67

Level 10

@HiroyukiTakisawaさん、

そう、長い時間を掛けて撮影して、失敗していたときの落胆は大きいですよね。

私もいっぱい経験しています。でもそういうのは投稿しないから私がいつも撮影に成功しているようにしか見えないですよねー

ちなみに機材が壊れようが私が怪我しようが、写真が得られているものは「撮影成功」です。そういう投稿はご存知のようにたくさんしていますです。

さて、この駕与丁公園での1時間超え撮影は平穏な撮影でした。

蓋井島へのフェリー航路はハードな撮影でした。

しかしどちらも、撮影スタートから30分以上、撮影が無事に進んでいることを信用してカメラを保持し続けた点では同じです。

ナニカがなければ事故も起きないので、

・スマホとカメラとの位置関係を変えない(Wi-Fi接続の安定のため)

・充電しながらの撮影とする。

・本体の過熱はこの時期は気にしなくて良い

・スマホのGPS受信を妨げない

・スマホ画面には触らない(※)

などの安定稼働についての心構え(何もしないで機材を信用し続けるのだ)を持って撮影に臨みました。

でも、(※)は守りませんでした。

フェリー上でさえも時々、海水の飛沫を避けながらスクリーンショットを保管していました。

何もしないなら何も変化するはずがありません。

「何にもしてないのに、これが壊れちゃった」というのは、たいていは嘘か勘違いですよね。

何かをしているのですよ、その人が。

なので安全・安定のためには、撮影中は何もしない、という度胸が必要なのであります。

いや、私はまだ度胸ありませんよ、スクリーンショット撮っておきたいし。

Level 10

@potaro67 I understand your concern on this. I was also thinking about it a lot before. The Level 6 and above is not an issue in posts in Connect. Any level LG who has Street View badge in Connect can access the Street View discussion board, even a Level 1 LG who has SVTP badge in Connect.

There are 2 considerations to think about I believe, and we can decide from there.

1. Ricoh Theta V video mode in Street View app is specifically limited to anyone who is SVTP and (on top of that apparently needs to be Level 6 LG as well). 

2. Many SVTP members in Connect may focus on reading posts in SVTP Discussions rather than all boards in Connect.

When we posts Street View Video mode articles to Street View Discussion board, it should be for better audience, since people who are not SVTP cannot access and cannot use the video mode in SV app anyways. At the same time, any SVTP regardless of whichever level of LG can read the article.

The only limitation is I guess, non-SVTP who are keen to become SVTP cannot read the posts in Street View discussion board. But then again, it can be said of all posts in Street View Discussion board, not just your valuable posts. 

Ok, so I will let you decide what you feel is best. If you feel you prefer it to be in How-to, I can move it back there, it's not wrong to be in how-to (in my opinion). 

Let's ask a Google Street View moderator about their opinion. @VyaraR @Anonymous: Is it ok to post helpful posts about how to use Theta V Street View video mode to the general public "how-to" board where everyone can access and read it? Or is it more advisable to post it to the "Street View Discussion" board, where the audience is more suited. Is there any privileged information about SV video mode that shouldn't be openly shared?(personally I don't think so, but I am not sure)

Connect Moderator

@potaro67さん

本体加熱は確かに心配無用ですよね。いつも取り外すときは冷え切ってて逆に心配になるくらいですが、熱を持ってるよりは安心です。

以前スタート時点で録画ボタンを押し、動き始めたのを確認した後ボンネットにおいたまま撮影して、撮影後にスマホを確認したところアプリが強制終了していてポシャったということがあります。(ちなみに動画データ自体はあり、SVAには取り込めなかったのでよくある連動ミスかもしれません。)それ以降はちょくちょく見るようにしていましたが、確かにそれが原因でだめになったらそれこそ本末転倒ですね。

見ない勇気を心がけて撮影に臨みたいと思います:-)

Level 10

Hi, @StephenAbraham,

Thank you for teaching me a lot of things.
I respect your judgment that you moved the post.

And I also want to know if there are matters related to video mode that should be secret except SVTP.
For me, the technology that I can use is inseparable, and it is difficult to hide secrets in public postings, but I will follow you as much as possible.