Sandarbh_Sahu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to Delete Fake Reviews from Google Maps ?

Hey Local Guides, I have Query about how to Remove someone's fake reviews from any Shop ? ,I tried from the Report option available on the right side of the Review but it's not working I tried it 2 week ago , So please share your opinions How to do it ? . 

Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to Delete Fake Reviews from Google Maps ?

The only option is to report, @Sandarbh_Sahu . Google Maps will take down the reviews if do not comply with Google’s review policies

For more information: Write reviews and add ratings of places 

Of course the interpretation of the content of a review can be subjective (e.g. business owners do not like negative reviews).

In addition, if you think that the local guides is usually having an Inappropriate behaviour, you can now report the whole profile from Google Maps app.

Level 8

As a local guides we can not delete some one's review. But to make Google Maps spam free or free from fake reviews we can report review. And yes, now we can report the user profile too.

Hope this will help you...Thanks...

With Regards from Assam, India | My Connect Posts
Level 8

@BijohnAdams  Thanks for replying but I already did it but it's not Working.

Level 8

@ErmesT  Thanks for replying.

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @Sandarbh_Sahu 

It would be interesting to know, what telltale signs we're there in those reviews to declare that as fake?

Do you feel that the writer has created the review without visiting? Or the same repetitive reviews at multiple places? Or something contradictory to your observations?

It may be so that some persons are not well equipped to describe their experience.

Just an example, I happened to see your review of Rosa thermal power plant. Though you have mentioned the chimney height, there can be a doubt regarding an actual visit to the place. There is not even a mention of how many power generation sets are there, leave aside the installed capacity.

Further, I guess, even after we report a review as fake, the automated checks would look for objectionable content and then mark that as private. But, then may wait for multiple reports to determine that as not relevant.

Level 5

Personally I have to say that there are some obviously-not-okay reviews that I have reported several times and nothing happened.

The one that is clearest and easiest is from a local alternative healing place. 

There is a 1 star review that is...lets call it comedically written. We can't say for sure if it is actually a legitimate review though.

The next review, a 5 star one, is written by the owner (or a person with the exact same name as the owner) - which IMO goes against the UCCP

A different one that I've seen locally is disgruntled ex-employees writing 1 star reviews that just say "1 star is too much" - personal grudges should not be settled via review bombing.