JeffMuir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How do I get access to an archive post?

3B514CE4-6A45-48F2-A3C4-DF3D96C7D04B.jpeg

I recently had a post removed and placed in the archive area. I tried to get to it but got the error above.

The link is:
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Archive-Forum/Local-Guides-reviews-are-having-an-impact/m-p/18...

Is it meant to be this way?

Thanks

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How do I get access to an archive post?

Hi @JeffMuir once the post has been moved to the archive only the Googlers can see the content. I don't know what happened in your case, but this usually happens because the content is deemed to not follow the content policy. Do you think your content was all your own? If you do you can appeal it.

Please read How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect?

Paul

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @JeffMuir once the post has been moved to the archive only the Googlers can see the content. I don't know what happened in your case, but this usually happens because the content is deemed to not follow the content policy. Do you think your content was all your own? If you do you can appeal it.

Please read How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect?

Paul

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich 

Thanks for the info. It confirms what I suspected about the access to the archives. The post was about a news article that states there are 95 million Local Guides. It had a link and a quote. I did not claim it as my own content. 

From this experience I learned two things.

First, do not post outside links unless they fit into the existing Connect categories.

Second, outside news articles do not fit into any category.

Thanks for the answer.

Best regards

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
Connect Moderator

I remember that post @JeffMuir I recall commenting on it. The volunteer moderators aren't privy to decisions like these.

Paul

Connect Moderator

@JeffMuir 

I think is the same question you already asked here.

@Petra_M, on her reply, shared with you a link about the original contents.

Regarding Connect Topics, What are Connect topics? will help you to understand what are the topics of the community.

In my opinion, as the subject of the conversation is the same post, it would be better to continue the conversation on the same thread. This will keep Connect better organized, and will give the opportunity to the other Local Guides to follow the flow of the conversation

Level 9

@ErmesT 

Thanks for your feedback. In the reply from @Petra_M she stated that I should be able to access the post in the archive if I searched for it. This turned out to be incorrect since only Google moderators can access the archive.

That is why I asked this question. In my opinion, it is a different topic than asking about why something was rejected.

I am much more aware of the content restrictions on LGC now based on this experience. I was just trying to confirm whether or not Local Guides had access to the archive.

In the future I will try to keep things more together. I did not know that this was a concern.

Thanks

Jeff Muir
Admin - Global Guides
Connect Moderator

Thank you @JeffMuir 

I've got your point. My suggestion to keep everything together is to give to the reader the possibility to understand that your questions is coming from a previous reply, not just from "somewhere", that just a few that was following the previous conversation knows.

As we are posting on a public forum, my opinion is that, when posting, we should keep the flow of the chat.

Of course, again, this is simply my personal view

Connect Moderator

You can still try this link @JeffMuir 

Although I'm not sure it will show you those archived posts too.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Thx for the clarification @ErmesT 

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply