TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

¿Regalan 100gb de google drive y en que nivel?

¿Regalan 100gb de google drive  y en que nivel?

ayuda.-

Level 9

Re: ¿Regalan 100gb de google drive y en que nivel?

@Gonzalo_chile

La promoción en oferta de 100GB está completa.
Sobre este tema, puedes leer el mensaje de TraciC

Buenas Tardes

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 8

Google Drive promotion

I reached Level 4 by March 17, 2017 and unlocked the 100GB of free storage on Google Drive.  However today my drive storage states I have only 15 GB.  Why did this happen?

the benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued 

Screenshot_20171019-161041.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Drive promotion

Hello @Deeinnova

The promotional drive space was for one calendar year only and we are no longer able to provide that benefit on this end.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Re: Google Drive promotion

Screenshot_20171019-161041.jpgI understand the purpose of the Local Guides is being part of a fun community, however by stopping the storage so abruptly puts me in a terrible bind. Couldn't you offer this continent on maintaining a certain number of points?  It is almost like Google created the promotion so we would have to purchase storage in 2 years.  I know about adjusting my settings for Google photos, but unfortunately I take alot of 360 photos...FOR GOOGLE MAPS...LOL.  This does not seem fair.  I would like this letter forwarded to someone higher than a moderator please.  

Level 6

Does the 100Go Google Drive storage ended?

Hi Folks,

I had a strange warning saying my storage is full, I took 43Go over 115Go I had because I'm a google guide. Now it seems I only have 15Go.

Something changed with the 100Go I already earned at Level 4.

Thanks for the tip!

Best regards from France

Antoine Durand

Level 6

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hello,

I'm quiet stressed. I don't understand what I did but the 100Go I had on my drive has gone!

What did I do? What can I do to get back on tracks?

Thank you for your answer.

It seems I'm local guide 6 (I'm traveling a lot with my work).

Antoine Durand

Connect Moderator

Re: Does the 100Go Google Drive storage ended?

hi @adurand33 Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

The 100 GB storage was for one year only, as clearly indicated in the mail we both received one year ago. 

My storage will end soon too. 

If you are mostly storing photos, you can store it for free (and videos too) just setting Google photo storage to high resolution instead of Full resolution. That is what I personally did

I've Merged your two posts , to have all the reply in the same place 

As this is your first post in here, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Level 6

Re: Does the 100Go Google Drive storage ended?

I changed the pictures compression factor. Thank you.

But, yes, you're right my friend. Let me tell you that my post is out of the scope of the Local Guides: RED FLAG for me, sorry!

I was just worried about my personal management because I crashed my PC some days ago and I have to reinstall everything from scratch.

And I saw this horrible message... ! Ah ah. I'm going to a business trip on next Sunday for China, and then to Japan.

I'm so stressed because of that situation that I lost my temper.

I feel I will pay for the Drive with the 1,99EUR a month, I still do not understand why I can't pay all 12 months in a ROW, any final advice?

You will be in my situation in about a month or two...

Level 4

Re: Level 4 100gb drive bonus

Isn't it a little disingenuous for Google to ask its customers to contribute valuable information on businesses in exchange for something many of us considered decent compensation (free drive space) and then change the "perk" to something substantially less valuable (75% off a movie rental?) after we've already contributed to the program? I understand the need to alter these benefits, but why not grandfather in those who started at a certain time, instead of make us regret ever bothering and cancel our other subscriptions out of frustration (in my case anyway)? Not a great plan, the way I see it. What's Google's explanation for not being willing to hold up their end of the original deal by having some type of grandfather clause as a gesture of good faith?