JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Known Issue: Missing photos and points

Hai LG team my 360 photo restored. Thanks for resolving this issue. I have published only one 360 photo but now it showing 2 same 360 photos in Google map

Level 5

I'm uploaded 14 photo spheres of my customer's hotel last week, and now I just lost 10 of them yesterday.

Finding this thread give me a big relieve. Now I will wait for the miracle to happens.

Thank you LG team.

Level 10

Hello,

I had the same problem yesterday and reported it to Google Local Guides via twitter. Today, I'm pleased to see that the missing photos are back in my timeline (views count seems accurate as well).

Level 10

As of now - statistics showing on Google Maps as

Wednesday 30th August 2017 at 07:20 am
Photographs uploaded = 5,096, Views = 6,444,883 and Points = 24,259.

So seemingly corrected itself.
Best
Paul Atherton
Q&D Productions

LondonersLondon wrote:

Yes same problem for me.  Noticed the problem 48 hours or so ago.  Thought it was just me remembering incorrectly, so took a note of everything on my uploads this morning.

Tuesday 29th August 2017 at 10:15 am
Photographs uploaded = 5,035, Views = 6,443,067 and Points = 23,814

Now (Tuesday 29th August 2017 at 21:55)
Photographs uploaded = 4,951, Views = 6,443,067 and Points = 23,384

So, not only have 84 photos and 430 points vanished today, but even though individual Photos have seen an increase in views, the overall number of views has remained static.

Please advise?

Level 10

Hi everybody.

Nice news, the photos are back.

Noticed the empty photos too, it's strange.

The main thing is that, for SVT photographers like me, many old tours has been migrated to the new platform; i can imagine this is something that could have caused the issue.

So this morning I have more than 200 photos added since before the issue, and rising.

Thanks team, thanks @JeslynL, happy mapping everyone!

Connect Moderator

Hahaha @Shawn

Me too 

Shawn wrote:

(I was secretly hoping Google was going to give back double for my trouble) 😊🤣

Well, in any case everything is fixed, so we can relax a bit (or at least I can). Thanks @JeslynL

For your prompt support 

Ermes 

Level 6

Meine Bilder sind wieder da und auch die Punkte stimmen wieder.

Da hat Google, das Problem gelöst.

Gute Sache.

Former Google Contributor

@Briggs—Thanks for the update. Did you mean that the photos that have been reinstated are now not associated with the POI that they were initially attributed to? Are you still experiencing this now? Thanks! 

EDIT: Can you also share the links of some of these photos that are not showing up at the POI?

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Hi, I experienced this issue both on desktop and android since nearly a month ago.

30 of my photos are disappeared. Thanks for your attention

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Former Google Contributor

@Amiran — Are you seeing your photos being reinstated gradually as with other Local Guides?

@StevenMcQ — To confirm, a 360 that you deleted (something you did manually, not because of the bug) previously are now showing up again, along with other 360s that went missing, but as an invalid image. Is that right?

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.