Re: Known Issue: Missing photos and points

I created a spreadsheet in Excel.
I'll collect the data from the views according to

whether they are being updated by

google maps daily, or on random days.

Level 10

Hey @Briggs,

It's just a spreadsheet I made that I update every night with the view count and photo count that's displayed on my contributions page. Then I just put several columns in that calculate totals, averages and stuff like that. I use it mainly to set goals and figure out about how many more pics I need to take in order to hit a certain view count milestone - just to keep me motivated.

It really helps me notice when there's an issue with missing photos or points.

Thanks,

Matt

@Briggs

Level 10

Again, thanks for the idea @MattGatlin. I recall getting a template from some other user here but that was months ago.

Also it looks like the views are starting to proc really well again. It's updated three times in the last two days, so hopefully the team is on top of things.

Although you seem to update the spreadsheet on a daily basis (which is truly a lot of dedication), I only really just update it when the weekly snapshot gets sent in.

Level 10

@JeslynL

Got my photos and points back but some of the photos are not showing on the map under the place albums.

Example:

1. Jitendranath Sarkar Smriti Sishu Udyan

ii.JPG

2. Nizam's Restaurant

ref.JPG

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Level 10

9月1日より多くのStreet Viewが履歴に表示されません。 今日になって履歴へ徐々に表示され始め少し改善しました。
not.png

中には、Street Viewを結合しているので、消えたStreet Viewが表示されると画面が黒くなり、戻ることも閉じることもできません。

それらは重要ではないポイントのために削除して、結合をやり直しました。

ただ、以下のStreet Viewは必要で、復旧してくれないと困ります。

Delete.JPG

できるだけ早い解決を望みます。

Level 8

Hi all,

is there any update on this?

I have some photos and videos (mostly) that disappeared from my photo list (and views count!) but are still present on the place on google maps and counted on my points.

thank you!

Level 10

My points are seemingly going up and down all over the place.

On opening Google Local Guides I discover that points read 28,489 but shows up on my Google Maps as 26,324 at exactly the same time a huge discrepancy between the two.

Having just added 175 Photos my points now match but have dropped on Google Local Guides to 27,244 and increased to the same number on Google Local Guides.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Points on Paul Atherton's Google Local  Connect higher than shown on Google MapsPoints on Paul Atherton's Google Local Connect higher than shown on Google MapsPoints on Paul Atherton's Google Maps lower than shown on  Google Local  ConnectPoints on Paul Atherton's Google Maps lower than shown on Google Local Connect

Former Google Contributor

@DibyayanC — All your photos should have been reinstated and now showing up on the POIs they were originally attributed to. 

@deLucios@kumax_aomori — The original issue has been fixed and the problem you are experiencing is a separate one. Please start a new discussion on the Feedback and Feature Requests board, tag me and I will look into it for you. P.S Lucio, in your post, could you include a screenshot of your photos tab under Your Contributions (sans any personal information)? Thanks!

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Former Google Contributor

Hi all, this issue is now fixed. All photos (including 360s) that adhere to the Maps photo policies have been reinstated and are now showing up correctly on POIs they were originally attributed to.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.