TheRoadographer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Do I need to buy additional space?

Hi team Google, recently have noticed that I am running out of space and have utilized 200%+ of my free allotted space of 15gb. Just to recall, have been religiously contributing to Gmaps, at Level 9 currently with 74k+ points, do I need to buy additional space 😞feeling sad :(feeling sad 😞

Would be great if you give me more GBs on free of cost basis, thanks in advance 🙏 🙏

Pls respond asap, don't want to loose my data 🙏

Regards

ajayjags

Ajay Jagga aka Roadographer (India)
10 comments
Level 10

Re: Do I need to buy additional space?

Hi @TheRoadographer as most of the space is occupied by photos, you can try compress to high quality, instead of original quality (if this is the case).

Visit this page to change the setting: https://photos.google.com/settings?hl=en (take care, is retroactive)

If you will continue stay over the quota, eventually all G based services, like gmail, will stop working.

Level 10

Thanks @LucioV for your suggestion but would like to hear from team Google as well. Would be real disheartening if I need to BUY additional space to save my data 😞

Level 10

When my free 1Tb perk expired, on november 2017, I had to pay a 1Tb plan that recently upgraded for free to 2Tb One 😉

Connect Moderator

Hi @TheRoadographer

@LucioV reply is correct. For more details, this post was used in the help desk in the previous version of Connect, even if it was not written by a Googler. Still valid, even if it has not been migrate to the new Connect.

How to use your space in Google drive

For a confirmation, of course we can tag a Googler @GeorgesHR

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Level 10

Thanks @ErmesTfor tagging the Googler @GeorgesHR Shall wait to hear from him 🙏

Level 10

Thanks @LucioV for to his info. But, just fyi, I nevrr got any such perk from Google 😪

Level 10

Yup you need to buy more space.

Or manage your space usage as mentioned previously.

Best of luck.

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps