AjayGodithi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Didn’t got any advantages from google

Hi now I am at level 6 but upto now I didn’t got anything from google such as 1 tb cloud I saw in internet 

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Didn’t got any advantages from google

Hello @AjayGodithi

Unfortunately the free 1 TB on Google Drive isn't a perk anymore. The current perks vary per city and/or country, they are usually discounts, promotions, or free gifts.

You can learn more about it clicking here, and you can see the perks given so far clicking here

Another perk would be going to the yearly event of Local Guides: Connect Live, there are many posts about it if you're interested and you can apply for the next one in some months!

I hope I was able to help 🙂

Level 10

@AjayGodithi Local Guides is a voluntary program with no financial reward. However, once a while, there could be small perks provided to help motivate contributors. Sometimes perks could be announced in LG Connect, so stay active here. And sometimes announced through email.

To set email notification for perks, contributions, product updates etc, head to https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

Level 7

@AjayGodithi hii,

First of all rewards are not fixed in local guides program.

Many of us not get any rewards even at 10 level.

And basically it is a voluntary program, so rewards are rare and small...

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AjayGodithi,

Thank you for your tireless contribution, that helps to grow up the Community. 

As @Jesi, @StephenAbraham and @Priyanshusingh have mentioned, such perk has been concluded.

The Local Guides program is for individuals who contribute on Google Maps who like to help others to discover and explore their world. Local Guides receive benefits depending on their level which depends on the number of contributions they make to Google Maps.

You can learn more about the program and benefits in the Help Center

You can check your current perks in your personal Local Guides profile home. If nothing is listed, then there is no current perks for yourself.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Hi @AjayGodithi the various perks apply to different people in different regions and change all the time. All of the perks have disclaimers that talk about some not applying in some areas. Don't have to be upset or worried my friend trust me Local Guides isn't about perks. They are a reward along the journey. The real reason to be a Local Guide is helping other people in the same way their reviews and ratings help you. 

More Info : Help Center

Level 7

You are absolutely right iam also a level 7 local guide but i also not appreciated by Google yet.