AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Check out street art from this year's MURAL Festival in Montreal

Since 2013, organizers of the MURAL Festival have invited both local and international artists to beautify Montreal by adding giant paintings to places around the Canadian city. The 11-day event kicks off the summer with live art, music, exhibitions, and artist talks. Last week, the sixth annual edition of the festival came to end. But locals and tourists can enjoy the freshly painted murals for much longer.

“The mission of MURAL is to democratize art, revitalize the urban landscape, and support the cultural, social, and economic vitality of the community. Installed in the heart of the city, MURAL revitalizes the Boulevard Saint-Laurent, a historic and notable civic artery,” MURAL organizers wrote in a press release. “MURAL’s portfolio of over 80 permanent murals in Montreal is recognized as an important Canadian epicenter for urban art and culture.”

The vibrant murals can be see by anyone walking, biking, or driving down Boulevard Saint-Laurent. But for those of you won’t make it Montreal anytime soon, we’ve shared a few of the stunning paintings created during this year’s MURAL Festival below.

Caption: A photo of a vibrant mural created by Canadian-based artist WhatIsAdam that shows three women camping together. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)Caption: A photo of a vibrant mural created by Canadian-based artist WhatIsAdam that shows three women camping together. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)

Caption: A photo of a mural created by U.S.-based artist Sara Erenthal. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)Caption: A photo of a mural created by U.S.-based artist Sara Erenthal. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)

Caption: A photo of a mural created by Mexico-based artist Saner that shows a heart entagled with birds, flowers, and more. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)Caption: A photo of a mural created by Mexico-based artist Saner that shows a heart entagled with birds, flowers, and more. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)

Caption: A photo of a mural created by Spain-based artist Demsky. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)Caption: A photo of a mural created by Spain-based artist Demsky. (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)

Caption: A photo of a colorful mural created by UK-based artist Ben Eine that says “authenticité.” (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)Caption: A photo of a colorful mural created by UK-based artist Ben Eine that says “authenticité.” (Courtesy of MURAL Festival)

See an amazing piece of street art you want to add to Google Maps? Before you take a photo, consider the size. If it's large, shoot wide and further back to include the entire piece of artwork and the location. You may also want to include a car or some other object in the photo to give people a sense of the scale. If it's a small work of art, try to capture the details and textures of the paint and the building. 

In the comments below, share a photo of great piece of street art you've seen lately. Or tell us which painting from this year's MURAL festival is your favorite. 

16 comments
Level 9

Re: Check out street art from this year's MURAL Festival in Montreal

Hello @AriMar,

Thank you for sharing beautiful post. I love street art. 

I still remember the video created by our connect moderator @PaulPavlinovich during his meet-up, in which street artist were making arts on wall. 

Again thanks 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Those murals are incredible, @AriMar! Your tips are helpful and I can see them shine in the photos of the murals you've included. I love and usually try to follow the idea of providing enough room to show the environment that the mural is situated in (so including some of the building, vehicles in area, etc). Below, you can see some of the murals/art I snapped on a meet-up that I and @SoniaK did together earlier this year in the Wynwood district of Miami. 

IMG_20180225_152654.png

IMG_20180225_152821.png

IMG_20180225_153524.png

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 5

Artisti di strada

in occasione del Corpus domine del 15Giugno 2018 artisti di strada hanno disegnato a Castelraimondo in provincia di Macerata questi bei disegni.foto.JPGfoto (1).JPGfoto (2).JPG

Connect Moderator

Re: Artisti di strada

Splendide foto @Alessandro47. Hai visto che proprio ieri è uscito un bellissimo post sulla street art?

Unisco anche il tuo post al thread.

In consiglio: l'area per i tag serve, come dice il nome, per inserire dei tag, cioè delle parole-chiave da utilizzare nelle ricerche.

Per i contenuti, utilizza l'area del testo, altrimenti fai un lavoro inutile e illeggibile

Ermes

Level 5

Ciao ermes come debbo utilizzare Title e tags.Cosa scrivere e quale  è l'utilizzo.

Level 10

Level 9

Hey @AriMar thanks for this great topic and I would like to add an important view of our countries best cultural aspect about language where it is showing by which language we love to talk with each other, we love to sing a song and really we feel proud of them who were protected our own voice by their lives in 1952.

A view of villagers of Bangladesh who are loving their own language  Bangla for sharing their opinion, Bangla Academy boundary wall, DhakaA view of villagers of Bangladesh who are loving their own language Bangla for sharing their opinion, Bangla Academy boundary wall, Dhaka

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Google Editor

@SP31 Wow, these are amazing! I'll definitely keep an eye out for them next time I'm in Miami. I think the second one is my favorite, but they're all so vibrant and well-done. 

Google Editor

@Alessandro47 Wow! These are absolutely stunning. Were they done in chalk?