Lukas_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A Journey of adding 20,000 Roads

The achievement of adding 20,000 roads to Google Maps marks a significant milestone, and I am deeply grateful for the journey that led me to this accomplishment.

This endeavor couldn't be done without overcoming challenges. But the unwavering support from the TRAC group have propelled me forward.

The expansion of Google Maps road network and the impact that road adding has, was the best motivation I could ever get. Navigating through cities, towns and remote areas is always a challenge, but with the ever growing number of mapped roads, each road mapping local guide contributes to the overall efficiency of navigation. 

A screenshot of my google maps profile on the 5th of January 2024.A screenshot of my google maps profile on the 5th of January 2024.

I am profoundly thankful for the support extended by the TRAC group throughout this journey. Their expertise, collaboration, and commitment were instrumental in reaching this ambitious milestone. The collaborative spirit fostered within the group created an environment where challenges are transformed into opportunities for growth and improvement. Each member's dedication to accuracy and detail has significantly helped me get to this point.

This has been a remarkable journey filled with learning, growth, and shared accomplishment. The ups and downs have been there and I do acknowledge them. Losing a job, moving to a different city or heartbreak are only a few things that shaped my journey, but the achievement is that much sweeter.

My heartfelt thanks go to the entire team involved the TRAC group, for their unwavering support and collective effort in making Google Maps an even more indispensable tool for users worldwide.

I would love to tag just a few team members that I am forever grateful to for the knowledge I gained: @SholaIB@JustJake@MarcoDavoli@ErmesT@Berete1

Thank you all for taking the time to help others through your contributions. What I really like about this community is the selflessness and willingness to be kind and helpful to others.

There is no place like this, so please keep spreading the kindness and positive vibes.

Lukáš

"It's the not the Destination, It's the Journey." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Adding 10.000 Roads

Adding 20.000 Roads

16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Journey of adding 20,000 Roads

Congratulations @Lukas_ , 20k is an impressive number, that I wouldn't even imagine as "possible" only one year ago.

Really well done, I hope this post will drive more people to this incredible activity, because Maps needs more and more Roaders in action.

I will have to wait at least one more month to reach this incredible number, but I am on my way 😁

Really well done.

Bravo 👏👏👏

Level 10

Thank you @ErmesT,

I'm cheering for you! You're doing such a great job contributing and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the 20k roads club very soon! 😁

Adding 10.000 Roads

Adding 20.000 Roads

Level 10

A big Congrats here @Lukas_  This is an outstanding amount of roads that you added.  WOW 

Level 10

WOW WOW WOW @Lukas_! You did this in stealth mode, too. We all saw that first 10k coming, but you snuck in with this second one. I can't help but think of the MILLIONS of people that will utilize the work you've put in. Way to go, man, congrats!

JustJake TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hello @Lukas_ 

Bravo !!! This is a very high height for many of us. Maybe even an impossibility for most local guides. I am happy that you have set this record. Thank you for participating so loyally on TRAC. A hearty congratulations from Mr as a team leader and fellow local guide.

Like @ErmesT said this was a dream impossible a year ago now its just a matter of time and we are all catching up with it. I wish we had a badge for adding roads. Anyway maybe we have enough badges and we don't need more,dunno!!!

Luk,this has become an addiction for us hasn't it? Be careful folks 🤣🤣🤣. Maybe you'll be looking to draw 100,000 thousand roads next. I'll not try to catch up with you,so take your time.

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thank you kindly @TerryPG

I like your commitment to road adding, you're doing really good. Hope to see you on 1k soon! 😁

Adding 10.000 Roads

Adding 20.000 Roads

Level 10

Thanks a lot @JustJake

You've put in some amazing work these last few months and I'm glad to see that. I'm sure 5k is a short term goal by now 😏

Adding 10.000 Roads

Adding 20.000 Roads

Level 10

Hello @SholaIB and thank you.

If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even started road mapping.

We could say it was addiction and obsession that brought us here to the thousands of roads and that wouldn't be far from the truth. I'd say it was also competition. It was motivating to match someone else's number of roads and I don't think that's a bad thing unless it leads to lower quality contributions, which I don't think it has. Mostly thanks to all the great tutorials you've done and shared on the forum and also on the telegram group.

Thanks again.

Adding 10.000 Roads

Adding 20.000 Roads

Level 10

Congratulations, @Lukas_ , on reaching the milestone of 20,000 Roads! This achievement is impactful and sets a new benchmark, inspiring others to strive for more. Weldone! 

Signature Image