Harsha_rai's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A 250-year-old market in Pune(India)-JUNA BAZAAR for the things lost in time-

This roadside market(also known as chor bazaar) is located in Kasba peth(near railway station) Pune(India) and is operational only on Wednesdays and Sundays from 7 in the morning to 9 in the evening.

The things which are lost in time can be found here in form of antiques.

There are huge varieties of antiques available but bargaining skills are very important. On the backside, there is a huge iron stuff market which has products at a very reasonable price. There are clothes, gym equipment, stationary, second-hand electronics, old coins, plastic kitchen items, bags, blankets, books, and what not ?
Below are a few pictures from the market stalls-

secondhand products for salesecondhand products for sale

Items made up of iron for saleItems made up of iron for sale

Antiques made up of different elementsAntiques made up of different elements

Antique utencilsAntique utencils

Sculpture of Gods made up to Brass element(Pital)Sculpture of Gods made up to Brass element(Pital)

Lady shopkeeper selling itemsLady shopkeeper selling items

Gym and Iron equipment at very reasonable rateGym and Iron equipment at very reasonable rate

A designated antique shopA designated antique shop

Old coins from different countriesOld coins from different countries

Few more antiquesFew more antiques

Electronic items which are not found in market nowElectronic items which are not found in market now

Old shoes and other itemsOld shoes and other items

Second hand stores for vehicle partsSecond hand stores for vehicle parts

Old audio and video playersOld audio and video players

A proper parking facility for two and four-wheelers is available on the other side of the road near the police station. They charge 30 INR for four-wheelers..

Do visit and share your experience here.

Harsha Rai
https://instagram.com/roving__r?igshid=7o2e6r57kw6l
Pune, Maharashtra, India
12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A 250-year-old market in Pune(India)-JUNA BAZAAR for the things lost in time-

واہ کیا بات ہے،

بہت ہی شاندار معلومات سے بھرپور پوسٹ۔

@Harsha_rai  آپ کی پوسٹ دیکھ کر آج دوبارہ یہ احساس ہوا کہ پاکستان اور بھارت کے نہ صرف زبان و ثقافت میں ہی مماثلت نہیں بلکہ یہاں کے بازار اور خرید و فروخت کے انداز بھی ایک جیسے ہیں۔

کراچی میں بھی اس طرح کے کئی بازار ہیں جہاں اس قسم کی تمام اشیاء فروخت ہوتی ہیں۔ 

جیسے DHA Karachi  یا Saddar Karachi

شکریہ 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Re: A 250-year-old market in Pune(India)-JUNA BAZAAR for the things lost in time-

مجھے یقین ہے کہ میرے دوست اور بھائی 

@Tushar_Suradkar 

نے پونے شہر میں موجود یہ بازار ضرور دیکھا ہوگا 🤩

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Indeed a unique place to write about on Connect @Harsha_rai 

I highly appreciate that you gathered the courage to visit this place and also take photos.

@KashifMisidia I have been here several times in the past 20 years and my experience has not been good.

As the name suggests the market is full of criminal-minded people and I had to deal with them very carefully.

Although, unlike the popular notion, nothing here is stolen - most of the goods are scrapped items, or sometimes they are brand new too.

My hometown Aurangabad too has such a market, but the largest such Chor Bazar is in Old Delhi - spread over several lanes.

Level 10

Hello fellow LG @Harsha_rai...

While I agree what our @KashifMisidia Ji mentioned that India & Pakistan have many similarities, I also  join with our @Tushar_Suradkar regarding the behaviour of the vendors at this place - of course, mine is very old info. 

Now, time might have changed... Otherwise, they never allowed 9th take photos of the objects, etc. 

Anyway, you have done an excellent job... 

Valuable photos and nice narration... 

Thanks for sharing. 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Google Moderator

Hi @Harsha_rai,

I'm a big fan of antiques and flea markets, although I rarely buy stuff from there - I just really like to look at all the shiny objects! The statues of deities at this Juna Bazaar are especially attractive to me because of all their amazing detail. 😊

It's great to see that other Local Guides, like @Tushar_Suradkar and @TravellerG, know the place, too! Although their experience is slightly different. 😅

By the way, @Harsha_rai, I'm going to change the topic of your post to Travel, as this is the best place to share about interesting places worth visiting, even in your city. The Local Stories is great for posts that showcase the positive impact Local Guides make in their communities. If you wish to learn more about Connect topics, check out this article. Thank you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@KashifMisidia  بہت بہت شکریہ 🙂

Harsha Rai
Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Yes, Tushar may be you experience wasn't that good but, I visited this place a couple of times and found the place and the people are really nice. Even got some antique stuff too 🙂

Harsha Rai
Level 8

@TravellerG 

Yes, the time has changed, I've been there couple of times recently and found good items at very reasonable price so thought of sharing about the place on connect so that others can also take a visit of this place 🙂

Harsha Rai
Level 10

Thanks dear @DeniGu for mentioning my name in your response.

Regards 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me