thayal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Pending and Not Applied

I understand that these topics have already been discussed separately. My problem is that, I didn't get any relief from any of those solutions. Still I have several PENDING and NOT APPLIED. Why can't google give us some kind of a permanent solution for this. Either there should be a fast verification system.All my edits are 100% correct. I can  guarantee that.I have been to these places by myself, and have worked in some of these places as a doctor ( Pannalgama and Bakmitiyawa Central Dispensary ).Untitled8.pngUntitled9.png 

Sri Lankan Local Guides

12 comments
Level 8

Re: Pending and Not Applied

Hi @thayal I feel bad about it, there may be several reasons why edits were “Not applied”.

• Spelling error (name of place or address)

• Wrong address

• Wrong location marker

• Wrong category

• Wrong phone number

• Wrong website

• The place has already been added by other users and approval is pending

Please read this post: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

When the system is unable to verify the information you submitted, they deny your “add a place” submission. I encourage you to submit them again. Thank you so much!

I hope this helps 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 9

Thank you very much @Jagadeesh_Reddy, I have read that article and many more , while trying all of the above, which you have suggested. Still I don't see any mistake from my side.

Best Regards !

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Level 8

I apologize for sharing the same info which you are already aware of :). There was issue with algorithms and it was fixed by  Googlers on 12/12/2017 the only option that you can share your issue in the discussion "Forever Not Applied" I'm sure you'll get a solution by reading the discussions or my some one might have better ideas to fix your issue. @thayal 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 9

Thanks again dear @Jagadeesh_Reddy, I read almost all the posts in that discussion. That fix was done on 12/12/2017, but , my "NOT APPLIED" edit was done on 22/12/2017. As you have suggested, I will try to post this in that discussion.

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Level 9

GusMoreira
Google Moderator

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Hi everyone,

As the original issue has been fixed (more information here), I'm locking this topic for new replies to prevent spinning of to different issues.

If you want to continue discuss topics and learn more about Mapping and Editing places, please come to our Mapping Your World board to meet other Local Guides.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

Above, you can see the final post of "FOREVER NOT APPLIED" thread. Now I'm not allowed to post in that thread. Dear @GusMoreira, Still I'm having the same issue, in-spite of you fixing of the algorithm. In the meantime, I do agree that you have accepted many of my edits in a matter of seconds.Please give me an end solution.
Best Regards !

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Level 10

Hi @thayal, this happens to all of us any time. I do not have any precise information on Google's algorithms (nor does anyone as Google keeps these things opaque on purpose otherwise it would be easier to trick the system) so it often seems to randomly accept or reject edits. 

Philosophically speaking, when a problem does not have a solution, it is not a problem. After more than 13K successful edits (and of course countless rejected ones) I have learnt to step forward. Sometimes I revisit places with rejected edits, edit them again and the edit is instantly accepted. What happend in the meanwhile is a mystery. 

Level 9

@Csaba that's exactly the case I've faced here in Kuala Lumpur few times. What I do mostly is keep submitting again whenever I happen to visit the place twice & always look for the small details as mentioned here by @Jagadeesh_Reddy

For @thayal I would suggest you to be patient as some of the businesses I personally found was claimed under 'google my business' hence it will make it almost impossible (unless the business approve your edits) to edit there information or add a place (which might happen to be another branch of that registered business)

Level 10

Also "popular" places are harder to edit/change. When a place has a certain (even not correct) name for instance but has hundreds of reviews and photos, Google will let it change much harder. 

Finally, there are "locked" places (from editing). It is now not obvious but in MapMaker they hat a lock symbol. Probably only Google can make changes on these POI's

Level 9

@Csaba@Jagadeesh_Reddy and @Haseeb, Thank you very much for your interest in my problem and appreciate your help to solve it. As you all have lot more experience than me, I'd be glad to accept your solutions and keep quite. But, still I'd like to propose google, to manage a more efficient verification system.

Sri Lankan Local Guides