Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Forever Not Applied.

[UPDATE 12/12/2017]  The team has been working hard since this issue was first identified — here in Connect — and thanks to your examples, we not only found the problem but are pleased to share that a fix has been implemented. More information in this post

[UPDATE 12/8/17]  I wanted to provide a updated that we continue to work on a release of a new algorithm. We are doing our final testing and making sure everything is working and before it get released so you should be able to see some improvement in the next few days. I also understand how frustrating the experience has been in the past weeks and greatly appreciate all the patience and the feedback you all have been providing to us so far.

Although I understand that semantically speaking "Solution accepted" wouldn't be best action, this feature is to highlight important updates for people who are interested in the topic (who may have posted or not) and won't have to go through all 66 pages of comments to see that some of progress are being done. So with the entire community in mind, we'd like to maintain the "Solution accepted" on but as promised, I'll keep everyone updated on our progress.

[ORIGINAL POST 11/22/17]

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you very much for raising to us the issue of denied edits and everyone who’s been posting examples of their denied edits over the course of the past weeks.

A recent update of our algorithms has caused us to disproportionately deny mapping contributions from some of our most active contributors, many of whom are Local Guides. We understand that this is a frustrating experience for those who contribute and those who see an outdated map.

Based on all of the examples shared in Local Guides Connect, we have identified the source of the problem and our team is actively working on fixing this issue.  You should see a return to normal service when the fix is rolled out in the coming weeks.

We are committed to constantly improving our algorithms based on your feedback and the trends we see. Thank you for your patience and for helping us make a better Google Maps for everyone.

We will keep you updated on this thread and thank you for your patience.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

Level 10

Thank you for the update, @GusMoreira!

It's nice to see the word "fix" in your update, as there are some (or at least one) who still insist no fix is necessary.

Keep up the good work, and please let us know once there's a firmer estimate for the rollout date.

Level 7
Level 7

is good news, we finally know someone's taking us seriously.

It would be nice if you could let us know the day the update is done with the corrected "problem" and if you can give us some extra information about what happened, what changed or what we should do from now on so that our suggestions can be applied instantly, it would be of great help.

I think we still have some time to wait and I don't know if they will correct the problem 100%, hopefully they will.

Level 7

I am starting to see my normal edits return to normal. The big ones such as place creation still get rejected, but moving map markers no longer get instantly denied. I am even seeing really old edits come back as successful. This is promising. *crosses fingers* I would really like to know what was wrong from a technical standpoint.

Level 10

@GusMoreira ‼️‼️!

@GusMoreira wrote:

...we have identified the source of the problem and our team is actively working on fixing this issue. You should see a return to normal service when the fix is rolled out in the coming weeks.

We will keep you updated on this thread and thank you for your patience.

I await the day we can close this post and leave all this behind. Maybe by Christmas? So we can start a brand new year of local guides, for local guides. So thank you. Now no one can hypothesise otherwise, and I'll work to cull all my negativity gradually. I smell a party...

Level 10

@Flash

Please educate yourself and stop calling my statements as fallacious and fictitious. It's over now, there has been an identified change and problem found in the algorithms, please read @GusMoreira's post.

Connect Moderator

@Briggs, the fact remains that the majority of people have not faced any issues.  When a person posts that they had one edit that won't go through, if you post that all edits are blocked you can expect to be corrected.

I realize that this has been frustrating for you, but others need normal help with their edits and telling them there is no hope is not being helpful.  Had the person posted that all their edits are blocked then they would have been directed to this thread; but that was not the case.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Thanks @GusMoreira for your efforts and reply to LGs. 

Level 10

Dear @Flash 

You still believe that there is nothing wrong with algorithm !!!!

It will be better if you review the edits submitted by LGs and returned as Not Applied. It is very unfortunate that you are replying such a way. Have you read the reply posted by @GusMoreira ???