thayal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Pending and Not Applied

Welcome @thayal I just share my personal experience.

As a final resort you can always suggest to claim the business under 'google my business' & let the business owners control all there information on google products 🙂

Level 8

@thayal

It is difficult to give feedback, only based on your screenshot of "Your Contributions" page. Instead, you are advised to share detailed information about each case individually on the Mapping Your World forum. There, people like Flash (an experienced moderator) will help you to get a better insight into why each of your edit suggestions may have received the infamous Not Applied response.

As @Jagadeesh_Reddy stated, there are lots of reasons why the outcome may be Not Applied. The list shared by @Jagadeesh_Reddy is far from complete. In addition, please be aware that receiving the Not Applied response, does not necessarily mean you need to improve the information you provide. There are reasons why legit and correctly submitted edits do get a negative response. Also, many times when people make such claims, it turns out that the place they wish to add is not mappable.

There are three main reasons why places are (by Google Rules) not mappable (by us). 

1) The type (category) you are trying to add belongs to a subset (group) of categories that can (currently) can only be added by Google or authorized data partners. 

2) The type of place (as far as Google is concerned) does not belong on the Map (like toilets, mailboxes, trailheads, etc.), Google owns the map, they decide 😉

3) The place that you are trying to add does not have a name.  (Giving it a name yourself with descriptors, is against the guidelines).

I hope this helps.

Happy Mapping!

Jeroen

Level 9

Thank you @JeroenM,

I understand your explanation, and I will share this on Mapping Your World forum with more details.

Sri Lankan Local Guides