cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Missing Category

Hello @germanguidini

Hope you are having a good day 🙂

Can you please elaborate further, a bit in more detail about 'private neighbourhood' 

If it's a private property such as a house/banglo/flat/condominium it should not be marked as 'tourist attraction' 

If you found any such privaye place wrongly marked, please feel free to use the feedback option where it will ask you to mark that particular place under private property.

Best Regards & Happy Mapping  🙂

Level 9

@Tazuiddin please feel free to use tge category of 'mosque' as mentioned by brother @Zinan

@RashidJorvee yes there is no harm in using the category of school for madarsah. But, certain parts of world especially India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka, Afghanistan the particular word 'madarsah' is used for religious institutions of Islam & it has become a common lay man term now.

Hope you get my point for giving suggestion about category 🙂

Level 7

Hi @Haseeb,

A "Private Neighborhood" in Argentina is a group of houses enclosed by a high wall, and where the shared spaces like a streets, squares are a condominium. And only can get in, whom has a house inside.

Which is the right category for those places?

Regards.

Level 9

@germanguidini

Here in Malaysia we have few options & if your case I can see we should select the category of 'Housing Society'

Since, I'm not so familiar with maps of Argentina. I would like to tag 2 Argentinean local guides @ValeriaA_ @MaxWalsh here to guide you further 🙂

Level 8

then brother we should start a campaign and ask Google to add a new category "Madarsa". @Haseeb 

Thank You! -- Rashid Jorvee
Level 8

Please add category Madarsa on Google map.

Hi Google Map team,

Muslims around the world have their study center/institution which is called "Madarsa". When we used to add any Madarsa on the map we didn't find any suitable and exact category for this; hence we[local guides all over the world] request you to please add a category "Madarsa" in the place category list.

I requested all local guides to please give your suggestions and veto to this. 

@ErmesT @PaulPavlinovich @Flash @KarenVChin @FaridTDF @SoniaK

@Badruddeen @OSAMA @Tazuiddin @Haseeb @mrshaharyar86

Thanks!

http://rashidjorvee.blogspot.com 

Level 8

Re: Please add category Madarsa on Google map.

Hi @RashidJorvee

You can choose category "school" instead of Madarsa, so i don't see any problem here.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your post @RashidJorvee. This is the right place for submitting your request to Google Maps.

Btw, I agree with @mrshaharyar86 about this specific request. The proliferation of overdetailed categories, that was typical during Map Makers, unfortunately introduced a lot of confusion in Maps, and the aim of a better mapping, evolved in a more difficult way to add a new place.

So, while new categories are needed for sure, for new kind of business growing up, I don't personally see a real need for an extra time of school

Ermes

Level 10

Hi @Haseeb! Thanks for tagging me here 🙂

@germanguidini hola! Te comento las categorías que se suelen usar para barrios privados en mi área:

-Club de campo (este es el más frecuente, varios countries o barrios cerrados son a la vez clubes así que no sería tan errada esta categoría).

-Parque

-Condominio (creo que este es el más acorde si no se trata de un club)

Lamentablemente deberían agregar la categoría de barrio cerrado! Esperemos que google nos escuche jajaja

Saludos!

@Haseeb  escribió:

@germanguidini

Here in Malaysia we have few options & if your case I can see we should select the category of 'Housing Society'

Since, I'm not so familiar with maps of Argentina. I would like to tag 2 Argentinean local guides @ValeriaA_ @MaxWalsh here to guide you further 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

@Badruddeen

I can but it will be good if we have a special category for this which describe it better.

@Haseeb37 @JeremyK @FirdousWani @AhmedK @MdSaifullahNakih @arifurrrony @rofiquez