First, choose a category for your post: Connections & celebrations, Google Maps contribution stories, or Google Maps tips & tricks. Think about what you want to share and use our handy category guidelines to help you pick a category. If you want to organize a meet-up, please read this. Remember to stay on topic as irrelevant content may be removed from Connect!
Next, select at least one tag to describe your topic and help others discover your content when searching on Connect. Learn more about tags here.
Select a country (if the option appears). For example, if you’re looking for places to visit during an upcoming trip to Italy, or if you’re sharing about a favorite restaurant in your area, select the correct country option from the dropdown menu. This will help other community members find content related to the location they are interested in.
Write a clear and attention-grabbing title. The title is the first thing people will read about your post. Be specific and descriptive so that others will want to click and learn more.
Write your topic — and make it relevant. If you’re telling a story, think about what value it can bring others. If you have a question, be as descriptive as possible.
Upload photos and videos. Make your topic more interesting with great visuals! The first photo you add to your topic will appear as the main image across the site. So, make sure it’s relevant to your title. Don’t forget to add short descriptions to your photos to make your content more accessible and help others understand what you’re sharing. Also, be sure to only share photos you’ve taken yourself or have permission to use. If your photo contains other people, be sure they’re cool with it, too.
Share Google Maps links. Sharing a photo of a beautiful waterfall or talking about a specific restaurant? Add a link to the location of the place and your contribution on Google Maps.
Review and save your work. By default, the composer uses a real view editor, showing you exactly how your topic will look as you write it. If you are a savvy coder or prefer custom formatting, you can toggle to the Markdown view to make advanced edits; in this mode, you can use the “Show Preview” button to check your changes.
Manage your drafts. If you need to finish your topic later, use the “Save and Close” button (desktop) or the “Save” icon (mobile) in the composer. You can save several drafts at once for both new topics and replies. To find them, click the pencil icon or select “Drafts” from your profile menu.
This is an incredibly helpful post for new members. Thank you for explaining everything step-by-step! I’m sure many will find it easy to follow and start posting with confidence. @DeniGu
Such a rich and well-written post! Thank you for sharing these valuable insights on content writing. I truly appreciate the effort and clarity in your explanation.
My fave place reviewed? Hard to pick just one, but I’d say the Nairobi National Park. Stunning wildlife, right on the city’s doorstep. Loved sharing that experience.
Thank you for the warm welcome to the Local Guides Connect community. I’m happy to be here and excited to share my experiences.
My name is Jon. I currently live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I enjoy exploring restaurants and places in the city and sharing reviews and photos on Google Maps to help other people discover good locations.
One of my favorite places I reviewed is a restaurant because I like trying different foods and helping others decide where to eat.
I look forward to learning more from the community and connecting with other Local Guides around the world.
Contributing to a More Connected World from Khanpur, Pakistan
Hi everyone!
I’m Khalique Raza, and I’m thrilled to join this global community of passionate contributors.
Based in Khanpur, Pakistan, I have always been fascinated by how digital tools can bridge the gap between local communities and the global stage. My journey with the Google ecosystem has been driven by a single goal: Data Integrity. Whether it’s refining language models or ensuring location accuracy, I believe that every small contribution helps build a more inclusive experience for users worldwide.
Professionally, my experience in the banking sector has instilled in me a deep respect for precision and verified information. I apply this same rigor to my contributions, focusing on high-quality data that people can rely on. For me, being a contributor isn’t just about the numbers; it’s about the social impact—helping a traveler find their way or a local business reach its full potential.
I’m looking forward to collaborating with fellow experts here, sharing insights from my region, and learning from the diverse perspectives this community offers. Let’s make the world more accessible, one contribution at a time!
Kuriftu Resort & Spa Bishoftu is my favorite getaway destination. The beautiful lakeside scenery, relaxing atmosphere, excellent service, and great facilities make every visit memorable. A perfect place to unwind and create wonderful memories. Highly recommended!