abhiGLG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: The worst part of life in Rome, Italy

@abhiGLG wrote:

@PaulPavlinovich I checked and it is international insurance policy that covers medical, transport and other expenses. @LucioV

Also, there is language problem with us. 

I'm trying to contact a friend who is a police chief, so he will tell me if he knows this kind of gang.

I've sent you my mobile, feel free to message me.

Level 8

Thanks for the advise. Luckily, they returned(threw) our documents after they got money. 

Now, we have a small hope from our international insurance policy that covers medical, transport and other expenses to claim necessary amount of money we will require. @AntonellaGr

Connect Moderator

Well @abhiGLG

In any case the help of the embassy will be useful, as they can escalate your situation to an highest level.

According to your introduction post, I can read: Indian living in Russia, so;

Indian Embassy: https://goo.gl/maps/GyU5ScjWMrB2

Russian Embassy: https://goo.gl/maps/s2BsNtDJrBv

Level 5
Level 5

Sorry, that this happend to you. Hope you get over it soon. To bad those cops would not assist you in this sad situation. That is totally wrong.

I lost also my driver licence, pasport and some money visiting Italy at a young age as a tourist. After that, I had many great holiday's overthere. It's still a wonderfull country to visit.
Criminals are everywhere in every country, so as a tourist make sure you don't look and act as a tourist. Not easy, being far from home, but waving with exspensive camera's, or not watching your luggage, is like wearing a T-shirt with the text "Please rob me", so do not behave like a weak target for the criminals. Especially visiting tourist atractions, it's alway's smart to make sure, you and your stuff are secure. 
Fake cops hitting on tourists is typical a Southern Europe scam. I never heard of it here in Northern Europe. 
Also verry popular by criminals in the south is driving next to you on fast roads waving at your're car, to make you believe, something is rong with it. After stopping, they point out a problem under yourre car. While you inspect yourre cars underside, a other guy is robbing all the stuff that's inside your vehicle. So don't stop, unless you now that you have trubble with your car.

I alway's start recording my phone or action camera on every  strange incident or encounters with police visiting other country's, but in some ( German speaking )  European country's it's not 100% legal to record people. In worse case the police will ask you to wipe the content, or you recieve a little fine. So be it.

I would also advise to prepare for a trip abroard , by having the telephone number of the local Embassy stored in your phone, and all the ( international ) phone numbers of the people joining your trip.
And also use a app like Telegram, Whatsapp, or Signal for quick communication, or sharing your location.