Gio51x's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: railway stations in the world with Street View

Hey @Gio51x, thanks for sharing these railway stations with us. 

I am not sure it is appropriate to post the pictures in the below (not really a street view) but I do love train since I was young. Trains are my favourite transport :))) 

Redfern StationRedfern Station

Redfern Station is my favourite train station in Sydney 🙂 
Balcony ViewBalcony View 

Even you are standing at the station, you probably see the similar view as I stood in the balcony.

Hope you enjoyed it 🙂  

Alexander Spade
Level 10

dear friend @AlexanderSpade 

thanks and congratulations for your images, thank you for sharing them, the train is as beautiful as the view of the station, I am passionate about 51 years of trains and railway models.

Level 5

Hey @Gio51x, I am glad that you liked them :))

51 years such a long time.

What made you have this passion? 

Alexander Spade
Connect Moderator

Look up Puffing Billy in Belgrave @Gio51x that was has Street View along the entire line of the steam railway. Never know what, or who you might see :).

Level 10

dear friend @AlexanderSpade 

My passion for the railways is due to childhood I believe within the first 5 years, my parents maybe took me to see the trains, I vague clearer memories true 10 years, I bought the train toys of that period 1966 -1976, in Italy there was the Lima that produced toy trains and approached the modeling ... but at that age it was a discovery I did not even know that the trains could deviate on various tracks.
In 1976 at Christmas I received the first Rivarossi train, in Italy this was a historical mark since before the 1st World War, and at that time it was quite expensive. From there I began to dream of a huge miniature railway system. Start discovering Faller and Vollmer, two German companies that produce accessories for railway modeling: buildings, factories, vegetation and in time I met Marklin, Fleischmann, Roco, Kibri, Preiser, Pola, Brawa, Sommerfeldt, and others and I started from the beginning of the 1980s to photograph trains and stations, first I had done around 1970 with a camera of the time but I still have the photos ...

Catalogs, books, magazines, models already cost at the time I realized that prices rose as I grew older, in 1990 a locomotive could cost more than 100 thousand lire in Italy, today in 2018 the same locomotive costs 300 EUR; this means that with the Italian currency the lira, in Italy, despite problems that any country can have, you still lived medium well, I drew and dreamed miniature railways for years and so in 1990 I tried to make a miniature plant, in gauge HO that is 1:87, but I made a serious design error that I had to give up and now even the structure was ruined I had to sell everything. 

Meanwhile, the first videotapes of European railway lines began to arrive in the cockpit so I concentrated there, staying in the cabin of the locomotive and seeing 300 km of line with all that there was beautiful, I did not abandon the railway modeling, but also growing of age and with work commitments and more, I realized that the HO 1:87 requires space and money, for example a train of 8 carriages + locomotive and wagon, requires more than 1.80 m linear station considered the length of carriages and of the locomotive (in cm) so to start the train and to turn it took me several meters, that I had not, and then also the costs to realize, the prices increased always more ', to that to the passage between the lira and the euro were practically leveled.

looking at videos of the RHB Rhaetian Railway, I began to get attached to the red Swiss train and discovered that Bemo produces and sells models of the narrow-gauge RHB HOm very similar to the HO and that in one meter the train could have 2/3 diameters against 1 of the 'HO and that to compose a train I could stay below a linear meter, but the prices of these models have always been high, as the prices of the HO continue to be impossible, at least for those who are passionate about railways and want a railway as it should be.

taking into consideration functioning systems, for example, systems for automatic unloading of the Falns type hopper wagons
It requires:
automated system
wagon with opening gravity hatches
automated intake conveyor
full train detection sensors
empty train detection sensors

all details that cost. 

Until today I have done nothing but keep the passion for trains that has developed in various ways, with the arrival of the internet and You Tube I entered an unimaginable railway photographic panorama and with You tube I watch hundreds of videos of railway lines all over the world, a facebook profile dedicated to trains of passionate people like me who have the railway in the blood and in the heart, and then recently I discovered here the Connect where I also have other thematic threads,
the dream of even a small railway in the HOm remains in me.

I travel by train and take pictures and videos from the trains, from 1966 to today many things have changed, but the passion, feel the carts of the cars on the joints of the rails and the whistle of the train ... those emotions have remained as before.

GIO '.

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich  thanks for the link now have the line covered or extended? I take a ride now ... with SV. 

by extension of knowledge a @AlexanderSpade 

@NRJOVIC

@Anonymous

@davidcox

@Vvincent

@LucioV

@HUMBERTO_V

@DavidTito

This century-old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook in the magnificent Dandenong Ranges 40kms east of Melbourne. 

each person can travel at a price of about 115 euros for a whole day from Belgrave to Gembrook, on the ancient carriages, living the nature of the places crossed. Street View has traveled the line by installing a photographic system on a railway carriage.

1 Old Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia

Level 8

@Gio51x what did you shoot this with?

@Gio51x wrote:

@PaulPavlinovich  thanks for the link now have the line covered or extended? I take a ride now ... with SV. 

by extension of knowledge a @AlexanderSpade 

@NRJOVIC

@Anonymous

@davidcox

@Vvincent

@LucioV

@HUMBERTO_V

@DavidTito

This century-old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook in the magnificent Dandenong Ranges 40kms east of Melbourne. 

each person can travel at a price of about 115 euros for a whole day from Belgrave to Gembrook, on the ancient carriages, living the nature of the places crossed. Street View has traveled the line by installing a photographic system on a railway carriage.

1 Old Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia

Level 10

@DavidTito

the SV instrumentation was installed on the railway platform wagon and crossed the entire Puffing Billy line I think they completed the lap that maybe a few months ago was incomplete. I do not know what kind of camera they used.
This line has reported it to me @PaulPavlinovich

Level 10

Salut @Gio51x,

J'aime beaucoup ce type de visite. C'est très atypique  et cela nous permet de nous évader le temps d'une  journée.

Merci pour ce partage. 

Vincent

Level 10

salut   @Vvincent 

Il y a tellement de ces chemins de fer à voie étroite que vous pouvez voyager dans le vert de la nature, celui de Puffing Billy est vraiment excellent! J'ai vu les marches à des niveaux où elle traverse les lieux ... ça ressemble à un conte de fées. 

GIO'