ValerieCoretnic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Sights in Ukraine: The castle "Palanok" in Mukachevo

In my posts I will tell about the sights in Ukraine and show 3D photos made there by me.

The castle "Palanok" in Mukachevo is the ancestral seat of the princes Rakoczy. The majestic castle has built on a volcanic mountain in several stages, it was rebuilt several times. From afar, the castle looks impressive, and from the territory of Palanok castle one can see Mukachevo — the city is visible at a glance. Nowadays in the castle Palanok there is a historic Museum, art gallery and various exhibitions. According to legend, Princess Ilona Zrini climbed the Bastion of the upper castle during the attack of the Austrians. The Austrian General, who was preparing an attack, was fascinated by the beauty of the Princess, and refused to capture the castle. He said that he cannot fight against such beauty.

The castle "Palanok" in Mukachevo 360 photos  https://goo.gl/maps/2a8SqzCd2qD2

Castle_Palanok_Korietnik_Valerii_LG.jpg

Also see my post: Sights in Ukraine: Kamianets-Podilskyi fortress

Korietnik
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Sights in Ukraine: The castle "Palanok" in Mukachevo

Level 8

Thank you so much @ErmesT

Have a great day!

Korietnik
Level 10

Congrats @ValerieCoretnic for nice pictures, keep it up!

@ErmesT

@ValerieCoretnic wrote:

In my posts I will tell about the sights in Ukraine and show 3D photos made there by me.

The castle "Palanok" in Mukachevo is the ancestral seat of the princes Rakoczy. The majestic castle has built on a volcanic mountain in several stages, it was rebuilt several times. From afar, the castle looks impressive, and from the territory of Palanok castle one can see Mukachevo — the city is visible at a glance. Nowadays in the castle Palanok there is a historic Museum, art gallery and various exhibitions. According to legend, Princess Ilona Zrini climbed the Bastion of the upper castle during the attack of the Austrians. The Austrian General, who was preparing an attack, was fascinated by the beauty of the Princess, and refused to capture the castle. He said that he cannot fight against such beauty.

The castle "Palanok" in Mukachevo 360 photos  https://goo.gl/maps/2a8SqzCd2qD2

Castle_Palanok_Korietnik_Valerii_LG.jpg