KatherineC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Discovery Barcelona

New restaurant opened up in Barcelona!! We've never had a southern restaurant so i've been desperately awaiting their opening! They finally did this weekend and i was happier than i expected. Super nice owners (married couple) they were so welcoming and the wife was southern which is always a nice touch! I visited Nashville once and i fell in love with southern food. This food was even better than where i went in Nashville. It made me crave roadtripping through the south to experience all the different kinds of southern food that exist! They celebrate Cajun, Low country, Creole and Gullah. They also specify which southern states their signature southern dishes come from which i really enjoyed. They also included some history about their dishes and cocktails which was just so cool. I found myself in pretty deep wiki hole after leaving Dirty South. All in i left full happy and eager to return!Pecan pie for dessert! With local dela crem ice cream!Pecan pie for dessert! With local dela crem ice cream!

Of course what's more southern than grits! w/poached egg and fried sage! Seriously, wow!Of course what's more southern than grits! w/poached egg and fried sage! Seriously, wow!

Made my husband share with me! Fried shrimp Po-Boy they have a few different kinds. I only tried this one but  i'll try the rest soon cause this was the best sandwich i've ever had in Barcelona. Like seriously the best!Made my husband share with me! Fried shrimp Po-Boy they have a few different kinds. I only tried this one but i'll try the rest soon cause this was the best sandwich i've ever had in Barcelona. Like seriously the best!

Dirty South BCN, Carrer del Bruc, Barcelona, Spain
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Discovery Barcelona

hi @KatherineC Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

Nice post. I like it 🙂

As this is your first post in Connect, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Do not forget to add a location to your post

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Level 8

Re: Discovery Barcelona

That looks yummy! where is it exactly? I live in Barcelona and I definitively want to give it a try

Thanks!!