LuisHM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bernal

Hi everyone. Today I'm sharing with you a little trip I made to Bernal. The town of Bernal acquired the title of Pueblo Mágico ("Magical Town"). The Magical Towns are admitted for being localities that have magic symbolic attributes, legends, history, transcendental facts, that associate in each of his cultural manifestations, and that today mean a great opportunity for tourism. It's a really small town.

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

The only small church in townThe only small church in town

You can eat or have some drinks with your friends admiring the Peña.You can eat or have some drinks with your friends admiring the Peña.

La Peña de Bernal is the third largest monolith in the world, is located in the town of Bernal that belongs to the municipality of Ezequiel Montes in the state of Querétaro, Mexico. According to studies, the rock was formed from a volcano that exhausted its activity, later the lava of the interior became solid and the erosion that suffered through the years made disappear the remains of the volcano. The solid magma that remained is what constitutes and forms the monolith.

It's a challenge to get to the top, only experts can climb to the very top with special equipment. You can get really high just by foot and with your hands.

This is where the challenge beginsThis is where the challenge begins

Experts climbingExperts climbing

Experts climbingExperts climbing

A lot of mountains behind meA lot of mountains behind me

Taking a 360° memoryTaking a 360° memory

You can see the very top behind meYou can see the very top behind me

The area is extremely rugged with high steep mountains and deep canyons.The area is extremely rugged with high steep mountains and deep canyons.

*Credits to Wikipedia, I got most of the info from their website and different links.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Peña de Bernal, Ezequiel Montes, México
7 comments
Level 7

Re: Bernal

Hi @LuisHM

Thank you very much for sharing details of magical city Bernel.

The information provided by your good self is sufficient , and pictures u shared is awesome. Rock climbing and photography of beautiful picturesque makes the city a must visit destination for tourists.

Thanks for your beautiful post.

Connect Moderator

@LuisHM Hi

Thanks for sharing this wonderful city Description or All nice photographs..

Level 6

It is like I'm there!

Thank you for these bright, lovely pictures.

Connect Moderator

Hi @LuisHM, what a post !! I like the colors of the town, I would love to live in a place with colors like that.

Thanks a lot to show this beauty to the world.

Level 8

Thanks! Indeed it's a beautiful town full of colors and the experience climbing is awesome!

Level 10

@LuisHM Thanks for photos and description. 

Level 8

Thanks, I got a bit of help from Wikipedia's website hehe