cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator
Level 5

Re: Architecturally fascinating buildings

@WalterSanders,

Absolutely amazing looking building!My wife and I always think these townhouses in Moonlight Beach,CA are pretty fantastic every time we ride our bikes past.They sure capture the maritime spirit you'll agree.

May the Google be with you!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Boat style townhouses near the beach.Boat style townhouses near the beach.

Level 8

@Zeds thank you-funny building-looks like it waiting for the flood😁

Walter Sanders
Level 10

Level 10

I'm working on a virtual tour of one of the most amazing buildings in Rome, a 1000 AC Basilica, built on a 200 AC Church, built on a 67 BC Mithreo inside of a roman villa.

This is really an architectonical uniqueness!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_San_Clemente_al_Laterano

I will share here only a little panoramic photo from the higher Basilica

AbsideAbside

Level 5

@LucioV,

Bloody incredible mate!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@LucioV,

You might get a kick out of these photos.My wife and I go to Balboa park quite often...it has museums,theaters and includes the huge San Diego Zoo.I even used to play competition table tennis twice weekly at the Activity Center until recently.There are a few restaurants and cafes on the grounds plus miles of walking paths,beautiful gardens with butterflies,huge historic trees and tons of other cool stuff.The park is even larger than central Park in New York.A lot of the Spanish influenced buildings have been around for 100 years.We ride our bicycles around the park every now and then...it's an amazing and unique place!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 4.44.16 PM.pngThousands of visitors every day.Thousands of visitors every day.Classic timeless architecture.Classic timeless architecture.Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 4.42.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-05 at 4.41.37 PM.pngOutdoor theater with huge pipe organ.Outdoor theater with huge pipe organ.Koi pond.Koi pond.Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 4.40.28 PM.pngCool moment.Cool moment.Koi pond in front of botanic building.Koi pond in front of botanic building.

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Level 4

I love the varied architecture here and, though I might be in the minority, what is coming our way by Morphosis on Roosevelt Island (https://www.dezeen.com/2015/06/18/new-york-city-cornell-tech-campus-morphosis-and-weiss-manfredi-han...).

Yet, i also love what was considered fascinating a century ago, like the square-block Apthorp (79th & Bway) and Belnord (86th & Bway):

The Belnord at 86th and Broadway. One block long and one block wide. One of two buildings like this in Manhattan. The other that is mentioned, in Harlem, is not quiet a block long and wide.The Belnord at 86th and Broadway. One block long and one block wide. One of two buildings like this in Manhattan. The other that is mentioned, in Harlem, is not quiet a block long and wide.