PrateekAgarwal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

What's the longest road you have added as a Road Mapper?

Answers in comments please 

Sometimes, finding a long road makes you feel genuinely lucky. Many-a-times, I would add less than a Kilometer of roads in the small segment that is seen in front of us. After adding close to 570 Kms of roads and completing 441 challenges, I would say that finding a map worth 9 Kms of missing roads is surely an achievement. 

Mine is 9.0 Kms long in Indonesia. Just did it today. Waiting for the approval though 😛

PrateekAgarwal_1-1626249449039.png

PrateekAgarwal_0-1626249411645.png

Here's the second highest, 5.4 KM one. 

Prateek Agarwal
15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What's the longest road you have added as a Road Mapper?

I haven't been on Road Mapper for a while @PrateekAgarwal but have popped in many new roads. 9km in that little square is quite an achievement indeed.

Paul

Level 9

Hey @PaulPavlinovich 

I must say, Road Mapping is so much fun and exhausting at the same time. You need to zoom into the map, so that you get your roads correct. Thanks for the appreciation. 🙂

Prateek Agarwal
Connect Moderator

It does take some effort, but has a great impact on the community where those roads are placed so is certainly worth doing @PrateekAgarwal 

Paul

Connect Moderator

@PrateekAgarwal The longest road i´ve added is 6.8k, it was a segment in India, and i have two more segments of 6.5 and 6.3k. Indeed when i get more than 4kms to add i feel very lucky! So... Let´s guide and now let´s map!!

Screen capture from Road MapperScreen capture from Road Mapper

Level 9

Wow @LightRich 

That's so good. In my experience, mountain roads might have the longest road length. Your road lengths are amazing. Keep up the good work brother. 

Prateek Agarwal
Connect Moderator

Good question, @PrateekAgarwal , but difficult to answer because road mapper history keep only the last 3000 challenges, so I can't go back in time to see the previous ones. The two here below are the longest I have been able to find with a short scroll.

It can be quite easy to make more Km if you are adding road in the city center, of course

ermest_0-1626343323608.png

ermest_1-1626343845621.png

Level 9

Simply stunning @ErmesT 

So much to learn from people like you. This is indeed amazing adding 14+ & 10+ Kms roads in such a small portion of the map. Great going. 

Prateek Agarwal
Connect Moderator

The longest road I have added is 6.3 Km @PrateekAgarwal But to be honest, the quality of the road is more important than the length of the road.

road.png

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Oh Yes @NareshDarji 

That's the Holy Grail for us Contributors. I, for one, have always focused on giving quality contributions rather than just adding random pics/reviews. This was just a fun question asked.

Next one would be "What's the shortest length of the road added" 🙂

Prateek Agarwal