v_peacemaker's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

What is the order of photos placement followed in the maps?

Hey,

I was curious to know, what is the priority in which the photos of any place we clicked are arranged?

Is there any possibility of taking the opinion of the viewer to change the order and choose the best in the first place. This could make things correct and would bring up the appropriate picture of the location. This not only will help the people around get to know the true beauty of the place and will also keep them busy in the business of selecting which photo to pop up when they are looking for some location.

Thank you,

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
3 comments
Level 10

Re: What is the order of photos placement followed in the maps?

Hi @v_peacemaker

i think Photos Appear on Google Maps Appear Automatically. we can't change according to user requirement.

hope this helps you. @LucioV @ErmesT will help us better.

thank you.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Hi @v_peacemaker

I don't think any human is involved in this activity of arranging photos and setting up the priority. All these are done by a Google Map algorithm automatically. All we need to do is to upload only the best, clear and wide angle shots. Which has the highest possibility of gaining first position and getting a huge number of views in very less span of time

Hey! do you know how to capture the best shots? The following are some photography tips which may help you in this context

1. Leaving spacesleading linesrules of thirds and the golden ratio by @LuisRG
  2. 4 tips to take great photos by @YanniY
  3. How to upload great photos to Google Maps and Three Quick Tips for Taking Better Photos by @AnnaDickson
  4. 5 tips to take stunning photos on your phone by @Davo_dw
Level 7

Would agree with @FazeelUsmani here, all the photos I've uploaded have been auto-sorted by Google's algorithm. 

Categories do count, so menu items from places that sell food are grouped together.