LuzanB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Capturing 360 Images using Google Street App in sunny day leaves black portion towards Sun

I have been trying to capture 360 photos. Recently I encountered this error on a 360 image I captured during a sunny day. I was in this Beautiful Place at Rupakot Resort in Nepal.

Here are those two I captured 

Photo 1

https://goo.gl/maps/UrPvt2EE1hD2

Photo 2

https://goo.gl/maps/UrPvt2EE1hD2

What might be the reason behind? I'd love to learn suggestions to not have this problem again in future.

P.S. Sadly, I am also planning to remove those photos once I get some answers from here. (or should i not remove it)

6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Capturing 360 Images using Google Street App in sunny day leaves black portion towards Sun

Hi @LuzanB

I am moving your post to the correct board (photography), where you can have the help of our members. 

Hope you can get a quick reply and fix it 

Ermes 

Level 10

Re: Capturing 360 Images using Google Street App in sunny day leaves black portion towards Sun

Hi @LuzanB how did you captured these images? Did you stitched manually?

This has nothing to do with exposure, this is a stitching error.

Level 6

I captured the image using Google Street View, and stitching was done by the app itself.

Level 6

Thank you. @ErmesT

Level 10

@LuzanB wrote:

I captured the image using Google Street View, and stitching was done by the app itself.

Ok, this occur when you are low in memory; the app requires lot of free space for stitching activity.

Sorry, but there is not way to recover the single images and re-stitch again.

Level 6

@LucioV I am not sure that might be the problem in my case. I have a 3GB  ZTE Axon 7 (with internal memory 10GB+ Free), and never had such problem while using the app on this device.  This was definitely not my first 360 Capture.