AliHRumel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

[Recap] Sylhet Local Guides G2G

Sylhet Local Guides G2GSylhet Local Guides G2G

Yesterday (Wednesday, 2nd of May 2018) We Sylhet Local Guides had a small Get-together on a short notice as it was a holiday. We decided to meet at Sampan Restaurant which is located at Zindabazar, Sylhet, Bangladesh. It is one of the Largest Restaurant is Sylhet, got space for about 1000 people and their food is good too.

Sampan OutsideSampan OutsideSampan InsideSampan InsideSampan FrontSampan Front

Talking about MapsTalking about Maps

Although I was hoping for more people to join us but in the end it was only five of us. But when we started discussing on different issues we are recently having with google maps and about the contributors who are actually making hard for us to make the map more usable for general people, it was hard to stop. Many people randomly changing names and adding selfies to the map and those are getting approved too. We talked about how can we stop this and report these people.

Contribution DiscussionContribution DiscussionFeatures on MapsFeatures on Maps

QuestionsQuestions

Also few attendees had questions regarding various features and uses of google maps as well as crowdsource, street view and Connect Live 2018 application. After having some light snacks and spending over 3 hours discussing, I had to force everyone to go home!

So that's how it went basically. I must say thanks to @tapadarshuhelahmed who came from 60km far from the meeting point. He lives out of the town. Also featured crowdsource contributor @zafahim@ITMayeen & @m_a_robin for coming on a short notice. We have also decided to arrange a Meet-up very soon, so see you all on the next Recap of the Meet-up!

And yes the mandatory selfie to end this post..

Group SelfieGroup Selfie

We are Sylhet Local Guides, Join us on Facebook & Google+ group!
Sampan Restaurant, Sylhet, Bangladesh
19 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Sylhet Local Guides G2G

Hi @AliHRumel,

Thanks for sharing your get-together moment. It seems that you had a good time all together. 

All the best for your next meet-up and see you around

Jul

Level 6

Nice to see you all together. I was really so interested to join with all of you but i could not join for some problems. but yes next time i will be presented . in  sha allah.

Level 10

Beautiful recap @AliHRumel Thanks for sharing. 😃 I also contribute in criwdsource and street view. 🙂

Generally recap posts are published in let's meetup section of local guide connect. So if we make posts in proper section it would be helpful for moderators to arrange the posts.

Level 7

Surely it was a nice get-together,

also the discussion was very worthy.Hopefully we will arrange a meet-up very spoon .

Thanks for the lovely stickersThanks for the lovely stickers

[Fahim]
Level 6

I am very fine to see yours in activities for Google Local Guide.

Level 6

Thanks @BishowvijayaP for your nice comment. Mistakes happen, I didn't notice it while i was writing the post. I hope one of our moderators( @SoniaK @PaulPavlinovich ) will help me move this to proper section.

Level 6

Hi I Am Sudhir from Pune Maharashtra thanks to you

Level 6

It is alright brother @Naim_Ahmed. Hoping you will attend our upcoming meet-up! 

Level 8

Hello Dear @AliHRumel

ধন্যবাদ আপনাদের ভালো কিছু মুহুর্ত সবার সাথে শেয়ার করার জন্য। সত্যিকারে নিজের চোখে না দেখলে বিশ্বাস করতাম না! সিলেট শহরে কিছু রেস্টুরেন্ট এত পরিমাণ মানুষ হয়!

আমার অভিজ্ঞতা অবাক হলাম,

পাঁচ ভাই রেস্টুরেন্ট এ গিয়ে।

খাবারের মান ও খুবই ভালো।