EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP: Lagos Tech Hangout

The Lagos Tech Hangout turned out to be a massive gathering of Local Guides from across Nigeria. The meet up was a side event at the Google For Nigeria Masterclasses. We had LGs from Awka  and Abuja present.

F: Uceey, Plans and Emeka; B:Nkeiruka and Abdul (Early Birds)F: Uceey, Plans and Emeka; B:Nkeiruka and Abdul (Early Birds)

Uceey and Nkeiruka came in from Awka (SE Nigeria)Uceey and Nkeiruka came in from Awka (SE Nigeria)

Abiodun and Atinuke are LGs from Abuja (Northern Nigeria)Abiodun and Atinuke are LGs from Abuja (Northern Nigeria)

Marvel is an LG from Abuja tooMarvel is an LG from Abuja too

We had a brief walk around the Landmark village which hosts the two famous restaurants, a large event centre, a tower and ocean front cabanas.  From this location, you could view the emerging Elk Atlantic and the Oniru private beach with its heavy sea breeze caressing your face.

Nkeiruka, Emeka and Uceey at the beach frontNkeiruka, Emeka and Uceey at the beach front

Pwana and Emeka  at the Landmark Beach FrontPwana and Emeka at the Landmark Beach Front

The Masterclasses on Publisher and YouTube gave insights on how to improve contents and monetize the tools. We learned that Nigeria was the top country when it comes to mobile centric nations. There other revelations around top searched words which is gathering numerous discussion across the media.

One of Nigeria's Top Newspaper Editor talked about their success and challengesOne of Nigeria's Top Newspaper Editor talked about their success and challenges

Exploring the Digital Playground was another interesting session. We were able to explore the Street View Trekker with 15 cameras. It weighed about 40lbs and I was able to carry it 😁 There were Art Corners, Music simulation, comestic booth, game zone and WiFi Station.

So, some major announcements include:

1. Google would be establishing 200 Stations across give cities in Nigeria. Five are already live in Lagos.

2. Google Street View would be available in eight more cities.

LGs discussing various issues on how to improve the mapsLGs discussing various issues on how to improve the maps

Testing the Street View TrekkerTesting the Street View Trekker

Joy and Emeka at the Art CornerJoy and Emeka at the Art Corner

20180729_014927.pngLatest features like Google Job Search, Maps Go, Files Go and Other interesting tools where on display for the public. 

The meet and event were successful as we welcomed five LGs into the community.  We had lots of fun while learning new ideas. 

Looking forward to our next meetup. 

Appreciation to @pwanaduku @UchechukwuEnem Nkeiruka and Abdul 

There lots of beautiful photos here 👉https://photos.app.goo.gl/aPMKdqJakqApMb2w6

Watch the short video below:

Lets keep guiding!

@KarenVChin @ErmesT @Badruddeen @SanyaOdare @U-royFelixA @HelloSamsonR @Anonymous

Xoxo

Emeka 

16 comments
Level 10

Re: RECAP: Lagos Tech Hangout

@EmekaUlor Very impressive. 

Connect Moderator

I am really impressed too, @EmekaUlor. What an event. It seems you had a lot of fun. I like so much your photos with the tracker (I am jealous)

Nice to see that also my "Mr. Smile" friend @SanyaOdare was there.

Level 9

Well detailed and intreintere recap. It was really wonderful having the Lagos Local Guides host us. Thank you all. You guys were wonderful.

Level 10

L😃L @ "Mr Smile! Thank you @ErmesT for your compliments and kind words - I appreciate. Many thanks also to @EmekaUlor for being a good host of Lagos Tech Hangout. 

@XanderO, @Sagir, @IlankovanT, @ShadySalama@ValeriaA_, @JulienH, @AnuradhaP, here a post I think might interest you.

Connect Moderator

Details recap @EmekaUlor

Nice meeting you @UchechukwuEnem and @OkekeNkiruka

Thanks for tagging me @SanyaOdare

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

Seems it was a great event, lucky you 😀

Join our Egypt Local Guides Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/egyptgooglelocalguides/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the updates @EmekaUlor. Must have been a great learning experience. Thanks for sharing.

Connect Moderator

That is sooo cool @EmekaUlor! Thanks for tagging me to read your latest Google related experience.  

Did it feel a heavy "40 lbs" was on your pack with Street View Trekker on your back? Could you move? Did it make you feel the need to stand up straight?  Are you able to "borrow" it and take it out and use it?

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@SanyaOdare wrote:

L😃L @ "Mr Smile! Thank you @ErmesT for your compliments and kind words - I appreciate. Many thanks also to @EmekaUlor for being a good host of Lagos Tech Hangout. 

@XanderO, @Sagir, @IlankovanT, @ShadySalama@ValeriaA_, @JulienH, @AnuradhaP, here a post I think might interest you.

Thank you @EmekaUlor for hosting and sharing this event. @SanyaOdare thanks for the tag 🙂