NirajBhusal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

RECAP - First SVTP Meetup, Nepal

Hello Local Guides !

First of all I would like to thanks all Local Guides and Street View Trusted Photographers who joined this meetup and made it successful.

Currently there are more than 20 Street View Trusted Photographers who are available for hire listed in STVP by Google. So recognizing this importance I planned for the first SVTP Meetup in Nepal.

We have a Hangouts chats group named "Nepal Local Guides " created by me since 2016 where we discuss about our meetup plans, ideas and so on.  So, after discussing in the group I registered a meetup for March 25, 2018 at Patan Durbar Square, Lalitpur Nepal. (Patan Durbar Square is situated at the centre of the city of Lalitpur in Nepal. It is one of the three Durbar Squares in the Kathmandu Valley, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites).  But later on we changed our meetup date and agreed to meet on March 24, 2018, Saturday at 11:45 AM.

I reached Patan Durbar Square with Ganesh Raj Khanal, Local Guides from Butwal, Nepal at 11:40 AM, Surendra and Rupendra Neupane were already there to join us. We waited some time for others in Krishna Mandir, they arrived and then we started my Meetup.

We started walking on the Patan Durbar Square to collect some photos, videos, etc then headed to a cafe to take cold drinks since it was too sunny outside. We shared our experiences on taking 360 photos while Pushpendra Khadka ( @PushpendraKhadka) shared tips to take 360 photos from phone.

Along with SVTP, our meetup was focused on future meetups from Nepal Local Guides. So, while sharing plans I was happy to share that Nepal Local Guides community was on year three.

I remember, I joined Local Guides in 2015 and created Nepal Local Guides Community which was approved by Google Local Guides Team .Saroj Dhakal ( @Sarojdhakal) (we missed you alot in this meetup) who was Googler from Nepal during that time helped me alot to create the community since. Later on Sovita Dahal joined us and we were only 3 Local Guides during that time. Now, I am so happy to say that , that small community has reached 423 members in Google Plus and 66 members in Hangouts chat group.  The first Local Guides Meetup in Nepal was hosted on January 30, 2016 and now we crossed year three So in this meetup we planned to celebrate 3rd Anniversary of Nepal Local Guides Community along with Nepal Local Guides Summit on September 2018.

Our further meetup / event plans as discussed in the Meetup:

To broaden our community we discussed the following event/meetup plans:

• Organizing Nepal Local Guides National Summit 2018 and 3rd Anniversary of Nepal Local Guides outside Kathmandu (Probably at Nuwakot)
  • Geo/ Cultural events at  various Schools and Colleges
  • Hosting Local Guides Events and Meetups outside Kathmandu Valley

At the end

We took photos, 360 photos, 360 videos, etc. then ended the meetup with a Goodbye.

Link to 360 Photos and Videos: 360 Photo and Video First SVTP Meetup, Nepal. 

20180324_123250.jpg20180324_130122.jpg20180324_154515.jpg

Local Guides who joined this meetup:

1. Niraj Bhusal - Street View Trusted Photographer - @NirajBhusal
  2. Ganesh Raj Khanal
  3. Surendra Shrestha - @Surendra
  4. Rupendra Neupane - @RupendraNeupane
  5. Pushpendra Khadka - Street View Trusted Photographer - @PushpendraKhadka
  6. Dipesh Kumar
  7. Bishowvijaya Pandey - Street View Trusted Photographer - @BishowvijayaP
  8. Manoj Adhikari - @Manoj_Adhikari
  9. Sovita Dahal - @SovitaD
  10. Abhishek Pandey - 
  11. Bikash Karki
  12. Milan Ghimire

Our Meetup in Photos : (Follow this link to access full photos of Meetup First SVTP Meetup, Nepal )Preparing for the Meetup, Printing Cards at HomePreparing for the Meetup, Printing Cards at HomeSelfie with SVTPs and Local GuidesSelfie with SVTPs and Local GuidesTaking Local Foods (Bara, Choila)Taking Local Foods (Bara, Choila)

IMG_7385.CR2.jpgManoj AdhikariManoj AdhikariMeMeMilan GhimireMilan GhimireSovita DahalSovita DahalSurendra ShresthaSurendra ShresthaGanesh Raj KhanalGanesh Raj KhanalPushpendra KhadkaPushpendra KhadkaIMG_7391.CR2.jpgMe (Niraj Bhusal)Me (Niraj Bhusal)

Patan Durbar Square, Patan, Nepal
28 comments
Level 9

Re: RECAP - First SVTP Meetup, Nepal

@NirajBhusal Congratulations for successful hosting of your 1st SVTP meetup 🙂

Level 8

Level 9

I am so happy to   be a part of this meet up. Thanks for organizing SVTP and local guide interconnection meet up.

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Connect Moderator

@NirajBhusal Looks great Meet Up .

We are planning also a SVT meet Up in Bangladesh ...

Thanks for idea sharing .

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 8

Thank you @ShafiulB. Yes, you can plan for a SVTP Meetup in Bangladesh. 

Namaste, Niraj

Level 10

Congratulations!! @NirajBhusal for hosting such a great meetup.  I loved the idea very much. By this, you know each other very well. 

Level 9

Here is one 360 photo with mobile phone on that day.

This photo also reflects we are rising after massive earthquake in 2015. All most all unseco world heritage sites were badly destructed on quake. Thank you all for supporting to grow us again.

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Level 9

Congratulations for this fantastic meet-up full of 360 photos and video.

It's nice to see how the Nepal Community is really Active 😀😁.

Good Morning from the South of Spain.

Alejandra. 

Level 8

Thank you so much @AlejandraMaria . I hope to have you soon in Nepal. 

Greetings from Nepal

Namaste, Niraj