PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

LGSummit17 - Guides helping other Local Guides

My friend and fellow Connect Moderator @ErmesT started a thread of stories about Local Guides helping other Local Guides before, during and after the Summit. I witnessed and took part in a lot of this excellent commendable behaviour ranging from information shared in hangouts, the tremendous spreadsheet of "everything" which has some amazingly useful information in it and the conversations had with many attendees.

I want to call out one caring spirit @KarenVChin a message popped up on the 150 Hangout (a hangout shared by the attendees) that one of the LG had gone to SF airport early in the morning only to find her flight had been cancelled due to the smoke in the area. The LG in question didn't have the direct contact details. Karen pinged me. I pinged Traci. Juan was called in and the homeward bound LG had accommodation and new flight sorted by the travel agent. This is a great example of LG both community members and Googlers working together to solve issues before they escalate into problems.

This is just one example of a wonderful person helping other people, there are so many others but I think I'll leave some of the other LG to tell those stories.

1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: LGSummit17 - Guides helping other Local Guides

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich, for writing the Episode 0 of the story, the one that simply, naturally, give a sense to all the rest of the thread.

I agree, helping was not only for fun, helping was for a lot of reasons.

I think it can be a funny and educative story 🙂

Ermes