indera_g's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

1st Bekasi Local Guides Meetup : The Recap

It was about 5 minutes to 6 AM, when I got off from one of online service motorbike. I crossed the road toward the Bundaran Summarecon Bekasi, the venue that we picked as meeting point. People started coming over here to enliven Car Free Day as used to be held along Jalan Jend. Ahmad Yani every Sunday morning. I paid attention of each face of passer-by around me, wondering whether he/she is my friend from same community. LoL. Suddenly, my eyes fixed on two men who were carrying something that quietly attracted my attention (lately I recognized that it a box contain some badges and some banner, haha). My ears clearly enough listen to their conversation. The first man asked to take the picture of another one and posted it. He said that it could be the notification that they have been there already. I smiled to myself and immediately recognized both of them. They are Uda Isral and Mas Ade. Then shortly the others came one by one, unless the Master.

Introduction
Taken by @ImanWyTaken by @ImanWyThe meet-up started with an introduction. Each participants introduced himself / herself, name and residential address, and a brief story about the interest in being a Local Guide. Some of them started as Local Guide coincidentally. At first, only using GMaps App as a guide while traveling or while searching for references of a place. Eventually it became a habit and at the end made to contribute frequently. The participants came from various background of occupational, education and age. However, the diversity totally did not obstacle us to blend one each other. Instead, it added to the topic of our conversation. Just before the introductory session ended, suddenly the Master appeared and immediately greeted us. What amazed us at him was his passion. Actually, he came from Bogor, fighting came from far away just to mingle with us.

Clean the World 

Taken by anonymousTaken by anonymous

At first, we planned this meet-up only to meet-and-greet and share experiences. However one of our advisers suggested so that we implement the Clean the World activity which were also recently initiated and campaigned by Google through the Local Guide Program. Then we all agreed to carry that activity in our first meet-up. All the big things must start from a small thing. As for us, nothing suddenly getting big without starting small. Similarly, to clean the world must begin by cleaning up the local environment. That is why we have to execute this program in our own local area first before expand to other one. We started the route from Bundaran. Some of us carried the trash bag. We walk along Jalan Bulevar Ahmad Yani then turn back through under the flyover. The thing that impressed me about the friends who attended this event is their incredible passion. Unexpectedly, they were not the least bit disgusted when picking up the garbage. Although many people who came for Car Free Day watched it.

Sharing Experiences

Taken by @Isral_TobiankTaken by @Isral_TobiankWe ended the meet-up with having breakfast together. Starting while waiting for the food orders till the orders served on the table, continuously we asked one each other. Mostly the questions were about the Local Guide such as the tips how to earn the points fast to lift up the level or how to be approved in adding or editing places to unlock the badges. The one who received the most questions, of course the Master. We know, he is the one who has the most experiences as well as the highest level he has earned. Thus, we provide special session for the Master. He began telling stories when he first started using the GMaps app, until his patience and sustainability to contribute continuously, and all worked out well.

Special thanks to the Master @BudiFXW for everything

Special thanks to Uda  @Isral_Tobiank for the badges and the banners.

Special thanks to Om @ImanWy for the documentation.

Infinitely thanks to all friends who joined this meet-up.

Mas @FallAgain

Om @YkkirDutinov

Kang @abdullatif1

Kang @Dieri

Mas @fdenigi

Mas @syafiq82

Mba Andin

- Sow Goodness to Harvest Goodness -

Regards,
Indera Gunawan - Bekasi Local Guides
Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia
23 comments
Level 10

Re: 1st Bekasi Local Guides Meetup : The Recap

@indera_g Wow.. I must tell you that the photos with the banners and the colorful badges are really amazing..  great idea for the rest of us.. 🙂 

Level 9

Thank you so much @StephenAbraham
Greeting from Bekasi, Indonesia.

Regards,
Level 8

Thank you mas @indera_g.

After a long wait, finally recap for the first meetup Bekasi Local Guides finally released.
Let's plan another meetup or next activity.

--- Spirit to contribute ---

Warm Regards,
IsRaL
Level 9

Thank you Uda @Isral_Tobiank. You are the most contribute for the event. You totally supported it all.
Of course we're gonna hold the next event. Thus, we need to discuss and prepare for it.

I'm also asking the comment from my idol, Mba @NunungAfuah

Can't wait.

Regards,
Level 10

Waw, 1st meetupnya aja udah keren gini. Bekasi te o pe be ge te daaah.

Thaks mas @indera_g udah sharing recapnya.

Brian

Connect Moderator

@indera_g wrote: 

Can't wait.

Haha @indera_g, do you know that I am watching you in connect? LOL. Terimakasih telah berbagi keseruannya, saya suka semua foto-fotonya. you guys awesome! It is first meet up but it is very awesome! Keep it up for this good work Bekasi! 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

@br14n wrote:

Waw, 1st meetupnya aja udah keren gini. Bekasi te o pe be ge te daaah.

Thaks mas @indera_g udah sharing recapnya.

Brian

I have to tell my friends : Uda @Isral_Tobiank, Om @ImanWy, Mas @FallAgain, Mas @fdenigi
That our activity was just viewed by the Legend, Mas @br14n.

Mas Brian, we all are surprised and amazed at you, your contribution.

Regards,
Level 9

@NunungAfuah wrote:

@indera_g wrote: 

Can't wait.

Haha @indera_g, do you know that I am watching you in connect? LOL. Terimakasih telah berbagi keseruannya, saya suka semua foto-fotonya. you guys awesome! It is first meet up but it is very awesome! Keep it up for this good work Bekasi! 🙂

Attention please guys!
Uda @Isral_Tobiank, Om @ImanWy, Mas @FallAgain, Mas @fdenigi, Kang @abdullatif1, Kang @Dieri

We just got the reply from the Idol, Mba @NunungAfuah

Yeay!

Regards,
Connect Moderator

@indera_g you are so funny! 😊

Salam buat teman-teman bekasi ya 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides