cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

increae of viewers

@

http://photos.app.goo. gl/Ld8Q1za2C7uwc288

Why my photo of haram viewers are not increasing now? Earlier the increase of viewers are are very fast, but now it's standstill??

Why? any one can help me and give my an answer?

Awaiting your early reply 🙏🙏

Makkah Saudi Arabia
17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: increae of viewers

Hi @MohazinCC , happy new year.

The total amount of views has been updated a few hours ago, so you can see the new value now.

Let me say that it is quite normal to have some delays in the views number, because that information has a very low priority. When needed, low priority information are delayed to keep the resources active on highest priority services, like navigation, where real time information are necessary.

Have a good day 

Connect Moderator

Re: increae of viewers

@MohazinCC 

Please fix the dead link in your post. 

Cheers

Morten

Level 9

Betreff: increae of viewers

@MohazinCC  I have a similar situation for my photo with the most views. Soon after posting it, the views increased very quickly by thousands per day. Just close before reaching 2 million of total views, it slowed down extremely and remains at less than 10 views per day (probably since two months ago).  My own explanation for that, is one or more of the following reasons:

• In the beginning my photo was placed at a very exposed position, either as place's banner or one of the first images being displayed, when people watch the place, which explains the rapid increase of views. Later, pictures of other users replaced this good position, so users need to scroll through many photos before being able to see mine.
  • Since it is a touristic place, it might be also depending on the season, how people watch the place at all. I.e. in spring and summer more tourists are planning to visit the place and watch the place on Google compared to fall and winter.
  • Possibly there are other reasons, I cannot imagine.

@MortenCopenhagenand @ErmesT  the mentioned photo was another mystery from the beginning:

While I still can see it under My Contributions -> Photos,  pointing to the place, I cannot find it when opening the POI - neither under "My own" nor by scrolling down through all (not many) images of that place.

Willfried
My Contributions
Connect Moderator

In addition to the reasons mentioned by @WilfriedB I can add the following:

The photo might have been taken down by Google for polity violations (correctly or wrongfully).

The photo might have been promoted to also represent the city, city district, or country. And this is no longer the case. 

Cheers

Morten 

Level 9

@MortenCopenhagen ,

The photo might have been promoted to also represent the city, city district, or country. And this is no longer the case. 

Could you  clarify this for me? Are you talking about a photo that was added to a city and then taken down? Or are photos sometimes actually to a city level and removed from the original POI?

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hi @Rednewt74 

Alfred, there is a special AI put in place to select photos from places inside an area to also represent the area.  Open any city place sheet and you will see a ton of photos. And no link or button to add photos. Often very colorful and with derp blue sky are selected. I consider it to be an honor to have your photos selected to also represent the city.

Look for the 'By you" tab under your city to see which if your photos that git selected.

Being selected will get you a ton of extra views.

I hope this helps

Morten 

Level 9

@MortenCopenhagen,

Thank you for additional information. I have seen some of my photos featured at a town level. But does this acknowledgment or "promotion" actually remove it from the original poi? I believe with mine it did not. Another question. if you see a photo or video in a guide's maps profile that is linked to a city and not a specific poi in the city; does necessarily mean they posted it that way?

This has been on my mind for two reasons one, is because I had been thinking about factors that could boost a poi's images views.

And Secondly, because some of the Top100 images are linked to a city not a POI. 

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

@Rednewt74 

When promoted to also represent an area the image remains at the original pin. 

Pics at areas that are not linked to a real pin inside the area was uploaded illegitimately.

If a pin inside an area is no longer existing I don't know what the consequences are for promoted pics.

Cheers

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Every photo has a different story, @WilfriedB 

My top photo was flagged as "not appropriate" by Google Maps after reaching 1.2 million views. So I took another photo of the storefront, that is my actual top photo.

Another of my most viewed photo was about a clinic where they made COVID tests. The photo gained thousands of new views every day during the pandemic, to slow down a lot when COVID was no longer an emergency.

The photos that are not blocked but are not visible on the POI are one of the interesting mysteries of Google Maps