isabellawhite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

has anyone made any friends online - True Friends

True friends are hard to come by and finding a friend online must be difficult in today world. 

i find that the younger generations are more endorsed on the web than in their community. 

my younger brother spends his entire life gaming and hes got friends onm his playstation hes never met. sad really.

so my question is - Has anyone ever made any true friends online / Real Friends? 

6 comments
Level 8

Re: has anyone made any friends online - True Friends

@isabellawhite

first of all welcome to local guide connect community

please select the right category before posting any article this article is best suits for general discussion​ category

okay​ yes i have found really good friends on online and most of them are from my state so i met them they are good friends now but yes it's hard and now this days fake ids are so much on internet 

as you are new please read this article

👇👇👇

Here are a few tips for using the community:

• Before start an discussion in localguidesconnect at first Search the community if your discussion related question is already asked. May be someone has had the same issue, same question, same request or same suggestion. So, it's can stop making duplicate discussion.
  • Use 'Share Your Photos and Discoveries' section to share your beautiful photos with description.
  • Share posts that are relevant to Google Maps, Local Guides and exploring your world.
  • Use a descriptive title for your post. Make it easy for everyone to see what it is you want to talk about. Make sure your post is in the right section of the community as well.
  • Be kind, patient, and understanding.Help us make Local Guides Connect a friendly and helpful place to be.
  • Protect the privacy of yourself and others. Don't post personal information (your's or other's) publicly. There is a private messaging system in place which you can disable if you don't want others to be able to contact you.
  • Don't use this community as a platform to sell your products, services, or rental properties on the moon.
  • Give out kudos for great content, mark replies as "Accept Solutions" if your question was answered. It helps others find great content and highlights the most helpful Local Guides.
  • Checkout the terms & conditions about posting on LG forums.
  • Use this link to meet the Google moderators
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure it’s important to the content of the post, this way you will be able to get in touch with other Local Guides from your country or even better, around your area.
  • Use Google Local Guides forum to check any fellow Local Guide around you.
  • You can also connect with Local Guides on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!

Hope you can understand

Level 10

Hello @isabellawhite, please have a look at the instructions by @ayann.

Of course I have met the real friends online. Now I have intimate relation with their family as well.

Level 4

We'll this is a very important question, there are many people online today pretending to be what they re not, at the end you will find's out you're charting with the wrong person, which is so embarrassing..

The other day I was in one dating site trying to catch up with a life partner, I later discover that the person I was charting with is not the one on the picture he uploaded, doo we do make local friends, but I suggest we improve and make international friends real also, am Jack by name and I love you all, let's love lead

Connect Moderator

Hi @isabellawhite, @Jackfreeman

Let's move this conversation in Local Guides context.

This is a community of friends, many of us are friends "online only" but many Local Guides are now friends in real "offline" life. This community is promoting meet-ups, in which we meet for our Local Guides events.

150 of us was so fortunate to be invited, the last October, to LGsummit17. During the event, we had time for a lot of fun together.

Please read LGsummit2017 - A local Local Guide guiding Local Guides [index] for a lot of local guides fun

Ermes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @isabellawhite and welcome here on Connect where I'm sure u will find good people with whom u can talk with relax manner about topics that are important for the community ☺️☺️. Your question is good and has a lot of point, but not in this place. Here u do communicate through internet and with person that u don't actually know, but that is the whole point.

For instance I had same point of view as u have, but after a while I changed my mind, there is actually so many good people in here with whom u can make some good conversations and u get to know them eventually, just like in real life, some less and some more. Here u can exchange pictures, videos, experiences and a lot of other things and that is how u can get to know new people and new cultures.

Stay, u will enjoy 😁😊

Level 4

Hello am Jack of Africa, how you doing bro, I got your reply you making a lot of sense in it, I want each and every one of us to archive his or her goal. But I will like to kno more about you, thanks IMG_20180326_131228_319.JPG