ShravanJain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Worlds biggest piller less Dome

Hello everyone,

Did you know that worlds biggest piller less Dome is in Pune,India.

I am talking about Vishwashanti  dome (world peace dome).1538554864258.jpeg

FB_IMG_1538553912704.jpg

It was built without any professional architect's design which took 13 years of construction.

And opened on 2nd October 2018 for public on occasion of Mahatma Gandhi 's 150 birth anniversary.

Inside this megastructures has 54 bronze statutes of some of the greatest leaders of humanity.
The diameter of this dome is 160 feet.
It stands 263 feet tall with bell hanging from the center .It is supported by 24 massive columns each of which is 63 feet tall.

Please do visit this place whenever you visit India.

Cheers,

Shravan

3 comments
Level 10

Re: Worlds biggest piller less Dome

Nice post @ShravanJain 

I got to know something new about pune through your post. 

Now it will be on my list, whenever i will visit pune. 

I have also posted a similar topic about World's Largest Stone Dome check it whenever you will get time. 

Former Google Contributor

Thank you @ShravanJain for sharing this very informative and interesting post with the community! Also, I wanted to tell you that I think that your pictures are really pretty. 🙂

Please note that I've re-labelled your post and it now appears in the Travel topic section, as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

nice post