ThanulakshanS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

World Music Day 2017

History Behind World Music Day

The concept of a united day for musicians to mark summer solstice was first proposed by American artiste Joel Cohen back in 1976.

But it was France that first incorporated World Music Day as a day of national importance, which was later adopted by many countries.

In October 1981, French Minister of Culture Jack Lang appointed Maurice Fleuret as the director of music and dance. The duo conceived an event that will allow all musicians - amateur and experienced - to express themselves. The first World Music Day or Fete de la Musique took place on June 21, 1982 - the year's summer solstice in the North hemisphere. Thousands of citizens came out to part in the initiative all across France, till late at night. It later became a (part) national holiday.

Over the years, World Music Day has evolved to explore new musical trends and music from across the world, and revives traditional music.

(Source - NDTv)

"Music is a piece of art That Goes In The Ears Straight To The Heart"

In Every Music They Should Be A Creator The  Music Composers.

Music Is a Part Of Our Life Too. I Really Love The Tamil Musics Composers I Share Some Photos Of Our Tamil Music Composers 

Mestro IlayaraajahMestro Ilayaraajah

AR RahmanAR Rahman

Yuvan Shankar RajahYuvan Shankar Rajah

Anirudh ravichanderAnirudh ravichander Favaurites Songs From The Composers :-

Ilayarajah - Sundari Kanal Oru Sedhi From Thalapathi 

Mandram Vantha From Mouna Ragam 

AR Rahman - Enna Solla Pogirai From Kandukonden Kandukonden 

Aathangara Marame  From Kilaku Seemayile 

Yuvan Shankar Rajah - Sollamal Thoddu Sellum From Dheena

Aniruth Ravichander - Aaluma Doluma From Vedalam 

Maari Thara Local From Maari 

Share Your Favorite Music Composers  @OSAMA @IlankovanT  @AnuradhaP  @MahabubMunna @Kumaran_thanga @Kamalhasnainee  @KarthikeyanLandRov @BishowvijayaP @RtnArulPrakasamT @WaweruM

43 comments
Level 10

Re: World Music Day 2017

@ThanulakshanS Wow, nice thanks for reminding us, :)......I would share my favourite music composer soon with you, let me go obtain permission from him if i can share his photos here :).

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR Ya Sure . I am also Get Remind From The One Of Tamil Music Channel. 

Level 9

Wow nice post @ThanulakshanS I am now traveling describe later 

One more great music director

Sankar Ganesh Sankar Ganesh with meSankar Ganesh with me

Level 9

@ThanulakshanS

Thanks for tagging 🙂

Of course Yanni the musician...  he is one of the best  😊😊 not 

@YanniY  our Googler she is of the best Googlers  😉

Level 9

thnx for this information.

Level 8

Wow....thanks for sharing this information with us @ThanulakshanS!!!

Level 9

wow @ThanulakshanS this is really nice 🙂

as you said music is a part of our life.. I Love Ilayaraajah hits 🙂

Level 10

I know a little bit more about AR Rahman than other musicians. It can be because of his amazing contribution to the movie musics.

When I listen different musics I feel more vibration of nature included in classical music. The other musics are much more entertaining.

The music has connection with the origination of universe. Every place is filled up with musics. Music is included in every sound.

Thanks for remembering in the day of world music @ThanulakshanS.

Have you watched the movie August Rush @ThanulakshanS@IlankovanT@MedRidaZ@AT93 & @OSAMA ?

This movie let us know where the music is. Watching this your eyes will be brimmed with tears but after all music heals. 🙂

Level 8

I never seen that movie before @BishowvijayaP, thanks for sharing with us bro!!