RtnArulPrakasamT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My Maps Journey never ends………………

I am Rotarian Arul Prakasam.T (LG early member); reside in a locality very near to Chennai International Airport.

Keeping Mr.C.N.R.Nair as my mentor, I continue with my journey as Google Map Maker since 2009.

I was much attracted with the manner and method of contribution by Mr.C.N.R.Nair which has resulted in as a driving force in my involvement to compete in the field of contribution and to stay ahead as a leading and outstanding Google Map Maker. I continue with this spirit in my activities since entry in the arena.

As a resource personal, I had the opportunity of participation in the Asia Pacific Regional Map Maker Conference held at Hyderabad, India in 2012.  This conference provided me series of opportunities to meet and exchange views with several participants of my home country and abroad.

Considering my enthusiasm and involvement, I have been nominated with the responsibility to serve as Editor of Google Map Makerpedia in 2012 and as Mapmaker Trusted Tester in 2013. Over and above, I have received the credit of being India Regional Lead.  With the above nominations, the following activities were carried out by me.   

Home Page Modification        :            Introduced afresh Event Calendar  

Articles on Tutorial Page         :            Set Customized Review Panel

Manage Neighborhoods

Imagery update notify

How to give feedback

Modification in Regional Hub  :            Placed all countries flags in Regional Hub

Created separate Indian Regional Hub

For each Indian State with their native language, as shown below:

State

City

Page

Andhra Pradesh

Hyderabad

Map Makerpedia

Arunachal Pradesh

Itanagar

Map makerpedia

Assam

Dispur

Map makerpedia

Bihar

Patna

Map makerpedia

Chhattisgarh

Raipur

Map makerpedia

Goa

Panjim

Gujarat

Gandhinagar

Map makerpedia

Haryana

Chandigarh

Map makerpedia

Himachal Pradesh

Shimla

Map makerpedia

Jammu and Kashmir

Srinagar

Map makerpedia

Rajasthan

Jaipur

Map makerpedia

Jharkhand

Ranchi

Karnataka

Bangalore

Map makerpedia

Kerala

Thiruvananthapuram

Map makerpedia

Madhya Pradesh

Bhopal

Map makerpedia

Maharashtra

Mumbai

Map makerpedia

Manipur

Imphal

Map makerpedia

Meghalaya

Shillong

Mizoram

Aizawl

Nagaland

Kohima

Odisha

Bhubaneswar

Map makerpedia

Punjab

Chandigarh

Map makerpedia

Sikkim

Gangtok

Tamil Nadu

Chennai

Map makerpedia

G+ Community

Tripura

Agartala

Uttar Pradesh

Lucknow

Map makerpedia

Uttarakhand

Dehradun (interim)

West Bengal

Kolkata

Map makerpedia

Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Port Blair

Chandigarh

Chandigarh

Dadra and Nagar Haveli

Silvassa

Daman and Diu

Daman

Lakshadweep

Kavaratti

National Capital Territory of Delhi

Delhi

Puducherry

Pondicherry

I created an Indian Map Maker Social Groups in

Google Plus Community

Facebook Group

Indian Community Web Page

In addition, Local guides’ web site for South India Local Guides was created, maintained by me.

India Mapathon 2013

I was able to partially participate in India Mapthon 2013 program. During the middle of the course, I was hospitalized for kidney stone problem resulting in non-participation for remaining days. However, after discharge from the hospital, I resumed my work and managed to complete 15,446 edits.   

Future Activities

While I continue with present submissions in various forms, I intend to educate and train the populace in general and more particularly in NGOs like Rotary, LION, Political Parties about the usefulness of Google Map and how to operate.

With this objective in mind, my journey for Goolge Maps never ends…….

My Map Creation : Chennai Corporation Ward Boundary   

Madurai Central Constituency  

Modi World Trip

MK Stalin election campaign

Note: Though I am a recipient  of many awards from Google, I attach a few of them for information.

2012 Conference Memento2012 Conference MementoParticipation CertificateParticipation CertificateMapathon Top ContributorMapathon Top ContributorCertificate of AppreciationCertificate of Appreciation

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
17 comments
Level 9

Re: My Maps Journey never ends………………

Inspired really a great long achievement...All the best for you.

to strive, to seek, to find, and and not to yield,
Jose G Benjamin
Continue Guiding...

Level 9

Level 10

Really a long list  @RtnArulPrakasamT, good post ! 

All the best! 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Level 7

Excellent Sir. You are roll model for us.

Level 9

Level 7

Kudos for your enthusiasm, Sir. Keep adding more

Level 9

Thanks @nshantin ,

Of course, your motivation strengthens me

Connect Moderator

Hola @RtnArulPrakasamT , felicitaciones por todos tus logros, son increíbles, lamentablemente el programa de Map Maker, ya cerro y actualmente todas las modificaciones y solicitud de agregar sitios, solo realizan por medio de Google Maps, tu pudiste utilizar las nuevas características de Google Maps para añadir rutas y lugares nuevos en el mapa ?.

Para el caso de que ya pudiste utilizar estas nuevas características de Google Maps, cuales son las que a ti te gusta agregar en Maps? 

Saludos Farid

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper left part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.