Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: What are the perks and benefits with the new 10 level system

I am also a little confused with the perks. I have had the 2 TB bonus storage when i got my chromebook and then the 100 GB storage when I levelled up as a local guide and with no email or warning I just got a banner pop up saying free up space or you can't send email anymore?!?! I don't have time to go through and clear out my email and yes I know its only $2.79 to get 100 GB back but that seems beyond the point. I thought if I kept going with reviews I would keep my 100 GB of bonus storage. I don't see any perks except the NY times email i got a while back...

Connect Moderator

Re: What are the perks and benefits with the new 10 level system

Level 3

CONSULTA

¿Qué beneficios trae ser Local Guide?

Level 1

What are my benefits for beeing a local guide?

What are my benefits for beeing a local guide?

Level 4

Local Guide

dear sir/Madam

i have one question

if i tell you About my Experience as a Local Guide What benefit for me??

Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guide

Hi @mathi,

Welcome to Connect! I've merged your message with the current topic. The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Benefits for specific locations may be offered from time to time. To maximize your chances of being eligible for a future perk opportunity, continue to add high quality contributions to Google Maps. Please also be sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides settings.

You can check others' replies to get an even more comprehensive answer.

Thanks!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Quais os benefícios de cada nível, Local Guides.

Recompensa de ser um local guide? Quais prêmios materiais recebemos? Quais os prazos para receber?

E para que não venham respostas de reconhecimento de medalhas virtuais, assisti vários vídeos de outros países, as pessoas ganhando bons prêmios materiais, participar desse programa, tem que haver prêmios para motivar e até gerar novas oportunidades, pois não se trata de um lazer, estamos trabalhando para o Google.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Quais os benefícios de cada nível, Local Guides.

Hi @MárcioDantas,

Please take a look at the replies of this topic. You can also Search the community to find more relevant answers. Most importantly, in order to receive perk notifications, make sure that your email preferences have perks emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides settings.

Thanks!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

Re: Local Guide

Hello Nadya,
please excuse me for being so honest. But we / the LG are asking for more than "bla bla". "constantly evolving" sadly isn't true, it is diminishing! Manpower costs money. That is why - from my experience - any changes suggested to Google maps that cannot be decided by an algorithm and need human approval take between weeks and eternity. Being eligible for perks shouldn't be a game of luck ("maximize your chances") and geographic location (this perk only applies in the US") but transparent and without time limitations.
If Google wants qualitative input, it must offer something in return. Stupid virtual badges may attract kids, but no thinking adult.

Best regards
- Martin

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000257 EndHTML:000022317 StartFragment:000022068 EndFragment:000022128 StartSelection:000022068 EndSelection:000022121 SourceURL:https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/LGDiscussion/message-id/174926Local Guides Connect - Reply to Message - Local Guides Connect

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving

Level 6

Re: Quais os benefícios de cada nível, Local Guides.

Dear Nadya,

how relevant is your reply on this topic? If you would take some time to read through the actual replies, you would realize, that most people posting here are quite frustrated about how Google is handling this community and stopped contributing because they have the feeling of beeng treated as little kids.

I'm sure Google can afford losing these people as contributors, but then just stop this pointless programme instead of posting comments with no actual content.